How to on... Hardwiring in an accessory.

TAC

Reaction score
Right Now having completed the install and with photos is a blow by blow guide of how to do it.

First things first what you will need:

Cigarette adaptor £9.99 (got mine from road angel however sure more available on the bay)
Fuse Holder £3.49 (Halfords)
Mini fuse 20A £1.89 (Halfords)
Blade connector
Bullet connector
Some cable ties and some foam.

Right step 1
Identify which fuse point to use I went through them all with my meter and found which were constant lives and which were live on the ignition. I went for fuse 9 which was a mini fuse and was not allocated to any devise.
33mua2x.jpg

Step 2

Secure power cable behind dash and through to fuse box, achieved by simply feeding wire along dash and the pushing under the trim.

35k1k76.jpg
1621xc2.jpg

Step 3

Now to put the power loom together. On the positive wire I have wired in a fuse connector and inserted a 20A mini fuse just to be safe. I then on the negative terminal crimped on an O ring connecter. The fuse block could be soldered in place however I used a bullet connector here.

28ivsls.jpg
2cqekc7.jpg

Step 4

Next I attached the O ring to the dash bolt which gave an excellent earth.

2zr0xhz.jpg

Step 5

I now had to trim the spade connector to fit fuse space 9 as this was a mini fuse and then inserted into position 9.

2z50g13.jpg
2iszawx.jpg

Step 6

Now to tidy up all the wires....

1zd6hrd.jpg

To do this and protect the adaptor and inster and stop it ratteling about when placed behind the fuse box I wropped it in foam held together with cable ties.

2ym9fsi.jpg

I then carefully placed everything in behind the fuse box area.

jpig5t.jpg
212u2xd.jpg

Install done all working.

2wn7n0p.jpg

Hope this is of help to everyone!

Reactions: jimlfc
Well done TAC, that looks really good. Before i got the RNSE my sat nav wire used to drive me made.

Well done TAC, that looks really good. Before i got the RNSE my sat nav wire used to drive me made.

Yeah cheers for that Paddy, I got fed up with the wire trapsing over the dash. Shame the RNSE doesn't also do what the road angel does!!!

how do you open the cover of the fuse box? do u just dig it open? or there are some screws?

how do you open the cover of the fuse box? do u just dig it open? or there are some screws?

Yes, just lever it off, there are 3 spring clips holding it on that will pop out. Gentle persuasion with a plastic spatula or something similar that wont damage the plastic.

i managed to open the fuse box peacefully : )

here is my cable..
IMG_0628.jpg

do i some how have to mod or cut this wires connector to make it fit in the fuse box? cos it wont fit just like this.

IMG_0627.jpg

: )

the end with the ring connector should be fine for the earth point (as mentioned above use the dash securing bolt for this). The end with the spade connector will have to be modified in order to plug it into the fuse box.

You have a female spade connector. You should either cut it off and replace it with a male crimp connector, or male a short male-to-male cable (a few inches long).

Keith