Can dealership do changes for me?

brucer

Reaction score
Hi there,

Tried this in the VCDS forum but no replies so thought i might try it here or should i take a hint, ha ha.

I recently put my car in for a service at my local dealership & i asked if i could a couple of changes done while it was there. At first they said it should be no problem but then a few hours later i got a call saying that it wasnt possible. The changes i wanted done were to have the rear lights on all the time when i have my DRL's on & lastly to change the time delay on my headlight washer activating when i clean my windscreen. I had this done on my last S3 by VAG.com but for some reason the garage didnt have a clue how to do this or if it was even possible.

Can anyone shed some light on this or is it tough cookies as they say, ha ha.

Cheers, Brucer

I dont know about the rear lights and honestly, I wasn't aware that the rear lights were off while the DRL was on lol

You can change the time delay for the washers - several members on here have done so.

Piece of p*ss. Fancy a drive to Yorkshire?? There must be someone up there with a cable....

Hang on..... Have a look in the DIS, IIRC if extended menus are active you may be able to change the headlight washer delay. Yo umight find the scandanavian DRL setting too, but I don't think it's in there.

I would be up for a drive to Yorkshire but unfortunately i'm stuck offshore at the moment. So i cant even have a look on the DIS but im sure someone mentioned this before & i had a look. I know it can be done but why oh why are the garage not playing ball!!!!

Was a while ago but if i recall correctly in VCDS i selected Scandanavian DRL which will make sure both front and rears stay on.

That's right, it's normally set to North American (front only)

When I buy a new A3 I specifiy various items I want changed and my dealer does them as part of the PDI.

Here you go mate:

North America is just front and Scandanavia is both front and rears

So all i need to do is find someone that has VCDS & select Scandanavian DRL which will make sure both front and rears stay on.

That seems easy enough. I think, ha ha

So all i need to do is find someone that has VCDS & select Scandanavian DRL which will make sure both front and rears stay on.

That seems easy enough. I think, ha ha

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want your rear lights to be on all the time. They are not fitted with long life bulbs so you will wear out the bulbs quicker. The whole purpose of DRLs is so that pedestrians and other drivers can see you coming towards them at junctions etc more easily during daylight. If it's dim/dark enough to need rear lights as well then you just turn on your normal lights.

To be honest Dave, i think im just being fussy. When its getting dim or raining but its just not dark enough for the xenons i would just prefer the DRL's to be on with the rear lights because the DRL's are so bright. See i told you i was fussy, ha ha

To be honest Dave, i think im just being fussy. When its getting dim or raining but its just not dark enough for the xenons i would just prefer the DRL's to be on with the rear lights because the DRL's are so bright. See i told you i was fussy, ha ha

Well I can achieve what you want without having to recode my DRLs. I have Adaptive Bi-Xenon headlights with LED DRLs and Automatic Lights. My light switch has the following positions. OFF - AUTO - PARKING/SIDE LIGHTS - MAIN HEADLIGHTS. In the OFF position obviously every thing is Off. In the AUTO position the DRL's are on at the front all the time and the headlights and rear lights come on if it's dark enough. If I put the switch in the PARKING/SIDE LIGHTS position the DRLs are on at the front and the rear lights are on at the back. If the switch is in the MAIN HEADLIGHTS position then the DRLs are On at the front together with the Xenon headlights and the rear lights are also on.

The PARKING/SIDE LIGHTS position gives you what you want. DRLs only at the front plus rear lights at the back.