After market headunits and rear parking sensors

L e o

Reaction score
Hi,does the audible sound for the parking sensors come through the vehicles speakers and if i were to fit an aftermarket headunit would this then in effect disable the audble sound/parking sensors ? Thanks

A.T.B Leo

No it comes through a separate speaker in the boot.

Oem work through can bus, so you would have to disable them with vcds.

Why do you want to change them?

Cheers Scottie,i'm not changing it - i'm picking up my 07 Orange S3 on the weekend and noticed it had the parking sensors in the rear bumper but the headunit has been replaced with a Kenwood multi-media sat-nav jobbie so was wondering where the audible sound was coming from and would i loose this feature due to not having the oem headunit,right thats that sorted now looking to purchase MY09 rear lights - let the spending begin !! :icon_thumright:

A.T.B Leo

love solar s3s. Get some black ch's on there and it wil look schweet ...:)

This modding palava is a slippery slope :p

****** huge slope aswell & pdc should be possible on the 07 S3 to change setup through your DIS aswell for tone & volume.

"****** huge slope aswell & pdc should be possible on the 07 S3 to change setup through your DIS aswell for tone & volume. "
Hi mate,excuse my ignorance as i'm a newbie to the S3 but in general what does the above mean in layman terms ?

A.T.B Leo :icon_thumright:

The DIS is the digital lcd in your speedometer, it has a feature to go into a menu system in the lcd to change some of the cars settings, namelyt my point is the park distance control system as in parking sensors, it should for an 07 car have settings within the DIS menus to change the sound tone the pdc omits & the volume.

Is it possible to change the pdc tone through vcds on an 05 ?

Should be possible afaik if canbus pdc instead of aftermarket reverse wire systems.

yeah it's canbus. Will have a looky later.

I've got to check the volume setting anyway , as it is really quiet :(