H&R -50mm lowering springs??

RS_Cosworth

Reaction score
I'm still really really undecided on which lowering springs to go for on my 2.0 TDi Sport :confused: I do like the look of 4NT's car on the Eibach 50mm front/40mm rear setup, but wouldn't mind mine to be a smidgen lower at the rear if poss so for this reason I am leaning towards H&R's springs which are said to lower the car 50mm at both front AND rear.
Has anyone got any pics of their car, or point me in the right direction of someone who has, with the H&R -50mm springs fitted please as I've done a search but with no luck so far :crying:

If you are wanting to go that low, can you not stretch your budget to a set of coilovers?

The likes of Vmaxx are a budget coilover but very good and popular. FK Highsport are also very good

Lowering 50mm on springs, in my opinion, will put a lot of load and stress on standard shocks and by the time you upgrade/change them, you may as well have bought coilovers in the first place.

Good call Boydie, I'm worrying about the extra stres on my Sport Shocks, I'm praying it lasts approz 15k miles till september when I'm planning on changhing the car for an A4.

RS Cosworth, if you plan on keeping the car a while go coilovers and it will give you the option to get the ride height 100% how you want it, you can always sell them and re-coup the extra outlay when you take them off to sell the car. do it....... do it... har ha

4NT why you wanting A4? My mate has an A4 cab n tbf I like mine more. Once you get the facelift bits on dont think I could part with it haha!

How long you recon standard sports shocks will last with your Eibach springs?

Tricky isn't it, as I said earlier, if you're keeping the car do coilovers, if like me you chop and change a bit springs maybe shocks too. I like the A4 Cab, I used to run them as demos whilst at Audi (see pic, my cab and mrs' A3 Sport in Lava in front) back in the day. i like running a bigger car, I do more than a little gym time and tbh the seats aren't big enough for my back, the seats in the A4 are wide enough though, and I like the roof down option to use maybe 3 days out of the year!!! That said, I am taken with this A3, wish it was a 8P2 S-line but, budgets tight at the mo, hey ho.

Anyhow take the plunge on the coils Acid...

25615450001_large.jpg

The sport in that pic is same as mine, I f**kin hate them rims haha! Nice cab though, Id feel abit too posh in one of them lol. Im thinking of insurance too though, if I just got springs I could play dumb dont think Id get away with coilovers. Wonder how much insurance would go up by if I told them?!?!?!

I wear glasses, when I go to work I wear a suit so if anything the A3 doesn't look posh enough! ha ha it does just fine. We loved that A3, the 17" Sport wheels do look a bit dated now, still they're circular and bolt to the car I guess.

In terms of insurance, this may be a little dodgy but I've always planned if anything (god forbid) happened I'd just say that the car came with whatever it has on it (can't imagine it would work on a brand new one), not everyone would be able to visually tell a car had been changed. And, if when you change the wheels you go for Audi OEM style then there's even less chance you could be accused of changing the car and not informing the insurance co. Simply say, "it came with them, how was I to know?" :think:

N8's all about the coilovers! Toss a coin Acid think you're on the verge of a nervous breakdown :scared2:

FED ex him a ****, I find that's a nice way to make friends

I wear glasses, when I go to work I wear a suit so if anything the A3 doesn't look posh enough! ha ha it does just fine. We loved that A3, the 17" Sport wheels do look a bit dated now, still they're circular and bolt to the car I guess.

In terms of insurance, this may be a little dodgy but I've always planned if anything (god forbid) happened I'd just say that the car came with whatever it has on it (can't imagine it would work on a brand new one), not everyone would be able to visually tell a car had been changed. And, if when you change the wheels you go for Audi OEM style then there's even less chance you could be accused of changing the car and not informing the insurance co. Simply say, "it came with them, how was I to know?" :think:

A3 doesnt look posh enough lol, you sure about that???? Very very nice cab, I was looking at those before my A3 but really needed the 3 rear seats. Look ace in the summer but blink and its gone!!! tooo cold in the snow lol.

I'm currently looking at bank statements and working out, new supermoto and keep A3 or no bike and back into an A4 cab (mine this time though). Sarah, knowing you've had A6 previously and saying you need 3 rear seats you're never cramming 3 kids into the back of a 3.2 V6 3 dr car?? :think: Q7 for you next!

What you gonna do RS Cosworth, what are you gonna do......

A6 related pics just cos I'm messing around on photobucket, sorry RS Cosworth. Sarah for you to remember how A6 life made you feel, N8 bet you love those wheels huh, looked amazing with Red centres on the SB!

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

Think if I had an A4 cab Id get pulled by the fuzz first day for them suspecting me been a drug dealer haha, its a right pimp car! As for the insurance Im just gonna play dumb and try keep it standard as pos and go for springs and if the shocks eventually do give out Ill upgrade the shocks. Good plan?!?!?

Sounds sensible to me Acid. Which springs and when will you do wheels? Looking forward to your car starting to develop....

Sounds sensible to me Acid. Which springs and when will you do wheels? Looking forward to your car starting to develop....

Prob get them springs you got mate, sounds like a good price and sits really well. As for the wheels I have to wait for council t sort them sens out cos I put in a claim lol, I had RS4s on my Golf turbo and drove streight over an unlit island in the road which was covered with snow, there was no signs or warning lights or f**k all!! Really did mash them up, ill post a pic and show ya.

rs4_alloy.jpg

OOF that's nasty. Well, good luck with the claim and hope they pay out within the next decade, can't imagine they'll get a hurry on. It'll be interesting to see your car with standard wheels and suspension. If you were in a rush there's loads of single RS4 reps on ebay to get up up and running whilst you await the payout. Keep me updated! Rigght I'm off, take care Acid. :icon_thumright:

N8, you say getting a set 'in', are you a wheel seller or just an avid collector of wheels, I'm favouring the latter. Oh, and is the plan still Purple centres????

N8, you say getting a set 'in', are you a wheel seller or just an avid collector of wheels, I'm favouring the latter. Oh, and is the plan still Purple centres????

Buying and sellin wheels at the moment, you fancy a set of Bentleys got 3 sets "in" :wub:

Ha, I think they'll be out of my league to be fair. Cheers though our N8 :noway:

Ha ha, I'm a manc any hoo. Been up here for 4 years and gradually become more and more thrifty so much so I've started coasting to get my car to average over 50mpg. Now that's Yorkshire.

Just looking at this in Classifieds, I was watching it on ebay but he didn't get any bids. What you reckon? N8 or anyone lookin have any thoughts?
A3_Grill.jpg

Spash more cash FTW! If I could find the Votex front splitter for the 8P1 at sensible money I'd do that and be happy. Otherwise yes, I'll have to 8P2 it.... Aw jeeeeez:think:

Ace pic! So, Votex doesn't ring your bell then... Still rooting on ebay for Slines facelift bumpers. At this rate it's Leon Cupra lower splitter I think. Right off to cook up some grub. Catch you on the t'other side of the weekend.

P.S. You gonna start a thread for wheel colous, I'm still in confusion about Purple or Green wheels...

I'm gonna have to look at the Votax again now, didn't like the back, it's just the front I'm after.

Well, considering you're hatching a plan on Purple centred splits and are a confessed wheel whore it would make sense to kick this thing off. Non of this Dave Kennedy Pink wheels though please, it makes me wanna vom!

So the whole rim will be Purple???? This I need to see N8! Any pics out there that people have done anything similar?

Sun's out up here, got A4 cab thoughts again....:think: