Reaction score
Check it out!!!

2wrko3k.jpg

34g84d3.jpg

vsgok7.jpg

Full write up..
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=21547

Last edited:
It's a seriously tastey bit of kit isn't it? A mate at work is looking to upgrade from his heavily modified S5. £59K base price, before any options, is pretty steep though!!!

nice..but lacking the stance of the RS4..wheres the wide arches? and no FBSW what happend there?

I think they are there - just a different style to the RS4. As for FBSW it'll probably be a cost option cos most people will want one.

Last edited:
Neeeeeeed bucket's bucket's i neeeeeeeed , I love the red on these , best ive seen yet

2011+Audi+RS5+12.jpg

I love the S5, a beautiful car with a fantastic engine sound, and I would like one in the future.

At the price this baby sits at (about £60k+ extras), whilst it's very nice, I'm not so sure it's enough of a car for the money. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's incredibly capable, but there is no way I'd ever look at a fully loaded one and think £70k+, worth every penny.

Needed a touch more road presence, and why no flat bottomed steering wheels in the A5's???

Depends what the power output is, have any details been released yet?

4.2 V8 tweaked for 450hp.... Not impressive really when you take into account that the 420hp Rs4 is not really standing at 420hp (according to plenty of rumors in US forums :) )

Is that a rear spoiler like a bugatti veyron i see? ie-it opens up and closes down. I notice it is up in one photo and down in the other. The youtube videos of the RS5 would susggest so.

Its a nice touch.

Pity it's only available in automatic, unbelievable!

Things have moved on quite a bit in those 30 years, however. Instead of 197bhp, the RS 5 gets a rather meatier 444bhp to put through its wheels, and 317lb ft of torque between 4000rpm and 6000rpm.
That's enough, says Audi, to propel the RS 5 to 62mph in 4.6secs. Top speed is limited to 155mph.

http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/21547/audi_2-L.jpg

Despite 4.2 litres being a familiar capacity for an Audi V8 (you may remember it from such models as the most recent RS4 and the current and previous A8s), the high-revving motor (the red line only comes in at 8250rpm) is actually derived from the Audi R8's V10.

Pity it's only available in automatic, unbelievable!

And the TT-RS is only available in manual! Audi should give the customer option of both imo!

4.2 V8 tweaked for 450hp.... Not impressive really when you take into account that the 420hp Rs4 is not really standing at 420hp (according to plenty of rumors in US forums :) )

It is disappointing thought it would be over 500bhp and turbo charged!