Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Cool 0-60 Times 2.0T FSi Stage 1 Remap?

Hi All

Sorry if I'm going over old stuff, been trawling the forum for a while but can't find specific answers to these questions.....

I have A3 (8P Chassis) 2.0T FSi Quattro, so standard 200 BHP. With a stage 1 remap like Bluefin, Revo or GIAC I can expect 50-60BHP uplift, right?

Does anyone have measured 0-60 times for this upgrade? I know it not the whole picture but the 17 year old in me just wants to know!

Also, anyone have any long term feedback on remaps in terms of reliability? More power = more stress on engine and components so what is the long term effect?

Cheers in advance......

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Expect around 40bhp, where are you based, I've been out in Ben Wardle (Shark Performance's) Skoda 2.0TFSI which is running turboback Milltek, induction kit and with his software it did 262bhp and 285ft-lb, he's since mapped it again and its quicker now! He's based in Mansfield..

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers but I'm in the Big Smoke so that's a trek for me.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Where's the Big Smoke?

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry, London. Mansfield is a way up.....

MG
    1st Gear

Status
    I went with Superchips. I went up to them in Buckingham and thought the service was awesome. I also have a 2.0T Quattro and I love the result, more power, more torque, smoother and more responsive. I can't comment personally on the long term effects/reliability having only run it for 4 months but plenty of guys on here have run their cars for many thousands of miles/years without issue. It's the best 400 I've ever spent on the car.

5th Gear

Status
    Mines got a celtic tuning remap & MV big bore DP & cat , celtic claim 270 just from the map which is pretty ambitious, I suspect its more like 265-270 with all mods taken into account.
    Would go for an intake + stage 2 but don't want to shell out for a new clutch. Shame I seem to get used to the increased power so easily :_(
    re reliability as long as you service it regularly & drive it properly ie allow it to warm up and dont rape it it should be fine.
    With a stage 1 map alone I would put guesstimate 0-60 mid 6s, low 6s with exhaust /intake
    Last edited by akash_sky1; 24th February 2010 at 22:05.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by scootz View Post
    Sorry, London. Mansfield is a way up.....
    Forgot to mention he sells STS units which you can upload the map to your car yourself! Clever stuff..

1st Gear

Status
    I had a MK5 GTI (same engine) with stage 1 Revo and was a great car to drive, on the limit power ways in my opinion for a FWD car with the condition of the roads in my area and the weather.

1st Gear

Status
    You're going to get close to the 3.2 power (250PS), which has 6.3 and 6.4 secs 0-60 for the 3 door and Sportback respectively.
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andykn View Post
    You're going to get close to the 3.2 power (250PS), which has 6.3 and 6.4 secs 0-60 for the 3 door and Sportback respectively.
    a 20TFSI quattro with a half decent stage 1 map would actually be faster then a 3.2 as pretty much same BHP but about 100 kg less weight and even wider spread of torque
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure if the 0-60 times will really improve that much.

However, am sure the in-gear times will as the extra torque should help a lot!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davej_anderson View Post
    Not sure if the 0-60 times will really improve that much.

However, am sure the in-gear times will as the extra torque should help a lot!
    If you add at least 40-45 bhp bhp from a remap, which any half decent tuner could, that would easily knock three-four tenths to half a second off your 0-60.