Windscreen....is there a difference ?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
The front windscreen has crack on my a3 sport and im going to get it replace through my insurance,ive told em i want a genuine one from audi.......they agreed i basically want it so i keep the original look,but is there any difference in genuine/non genuine?

I highly doubt it

The only difference in screens that i've experienced recently is that if you have auto lights and wipers, then the screen has a different rear view mirror bracket to the non auto lights/wipers screen

Plus, on the latest facelifted models the windscreen cuts noise by -4db.

do ya think il get the latest then?

If you go with Autoglass, chances are the screen will be OEM. If you go with Autowindscreens they make their own but there is no difference to be honest, just the etch in the bottom corner with the maker on it.

think you might be able to get green or gray tint sun strip, they asked me which colour last time i had mine done

think you might be able to get green or gray tint sun strip, they asked me which colour last time i had mine done

dont know if mine is green or grey tint but AUTOGLASS said when they give my reg number to audi they will supply the right one for my car.