HELP: A3 with an engine problem!!!

tonyA3fsisport

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My father recently bought himself an 03 FSI Sport in dolphin grey & it's an excellent car with lots of kit but just after the purchase it developed a problem - the car looses power & goes into get you home mode I think it's called.

4383020236_b2d0292569_o.jpg

It happens at any speed, in any gear & at any time. It's been like this for two weeks now & my dad only makes short journeys. We took it to a mechanic who cleared the fault codes with the diagnostics & advised us to use super-unleaded after running down the normal stuff in the tank but it doesn't make any difference yet. Also more recently a yellow emissions light has come up on the dash! Any help would be appreciated cheers as to what to do. Thanks in advance.

Need to take it back and get it scanned again and take note of what the fault codes are.......

Yes, a notice of the codes would be helpful - could it be a coilpack? Using super plus wont cure any problems.

Hi thanks for your replies guys. The code is 16575 & the mechanic changed the spark plugs, air filter, added chemicals & replaced a fuel pressure sensor all for just under £200. As for the coil pack it had a new one about 300 miles ago just before buying the car. I thought super unleaded wouldn't cure it but the mechanic is just trying to stop us spending big money on the prob & we don't really won't to go to a main dealer because it could be expensive!

Hi again thanks for all your help, we think we've sorted the problem. The car went to a main dealer & after they did the diagnostics they replaced the fuel pump & other things & all seems well. The Audi now revs beyond the point at which it used to loose power & we're just happy to have a normal Audi.