8P1 2.0Tdi Sport with 18'' RS6 and Eibach Sportlines (pic heavy)

4NT

Terminal Douche Bag!
Reaction score
So, after owning lot's of VW's and various others I finally got an A3 8P1 Sport 2.0 Tdi in Mauritius Blue. Promised my Mrs I'd run it standard and keep it minimum 12months (yeah right). Anyhow, check out my car and let me know your thoughts, cheers.

Day one, just a clean:
DSC02888.jpg

Removed the dealership stickers, the massive tax disc holder and put my own plate on, then after much deliberation went for some RS6 / S-line reps in 18" (done 19's on previous cars as I do roughly 25k miles per yr wanted to stay sensible):
DSC02909.jpg

As you can see, sat a little high, I really hoped it would look ok on the standard Sport suspension but the 18's just sent it up too much! Did loads of research on here and thanks to some quality threads full of good info decided to contact Damian at DPM and order Eibach Sportlines http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/eib...1.html?zenid=7915fd3ce7240604f038c96b0cbd9094 They take the rear down 40mm and the front 50mm and only cost roughly £150 delivered: (oh, and arrived really quickly, thanks Damian)
DSC02925.jpg

It's taken me from this:
DSC02933.jpg

To this:
DSC02936.jpg

I've only driven it back from Moss Tyres in York so roughly 15 miles so would imagine it will still settle some more yet.

Here's the front:
DSC02939.jpg

And the rear:
DSC02938.jpg

As I said I think it will settle a little more yet. So far it drives really well on the new springs, no bouncing and no scrubbing, I've tried to give it a bit around some corners and round abouts to see how it is and nothing bad to say!

I've also added ambient lighting from ebay, cost £18 delivered which I've since found out is roughly £10 from a dealer but the ebay item came with pictogram instructions and a template to drill the holes in the plastic panel for the LEDs to show through.

I've also done a sneaky sub instal which I'll put a thread up on soon.

If you get the chance check out some of my previous cars including several Audis (company cars) my beloved Passat, Seat Toledo, Bora and other bits here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/anferny oh, and whilst you're on there do a search on Audis, quite a few nice American examples on there.

Anhow, comments welcome, cheers Ant. :thumbsup:

Looks awesome bro! Whats the ride like? I may go down the same route if all is well. I just dont want a crazy stiff ride!

Yeap definite improvement, prefer the pro's but looks better, no longer in the tractor crew. :icon_thumright:

Looks awesome bro! Whats the ride like? I may go down the same route if all is well. I just dont want a crazy stiff ride!

It's really nice, I've ran S-Line A3's previously and it's nowhere near as harsh, happy for now...

Yep, agreed - it looks a whole lot better. Definitely sits lower than my A3 with 30mm H&Rs all round. Nice one.

Cheers Evocos, I think mine would look even better if someone just gave me a set of Bently rims though!

Cheers NHN, didn't wanna go down the pro route in case it tuend out to have a big gap up front, did that on a Toledo I modified once (on the car domain link) not a look I wanted to repeat.

It's really nice, I've ran S-Line A3's previously and it's nowhere near as harsh, happy for now...

Sweet, I really do like the way it sits! Just gotta wait for my claim to come through before I get my RS4 rims and Ill be all over this!!

Oh just had a second thought, you had the camber adjusted??

Last edited:
Sweet, I really do like the way it sits! Just gotta wait for my claim to come through before I get my RS4 rims and Ill be all over this!!

Oh just had a second thought, you had the camber adjusted??

No, I don't think it needs it either, if I go for 19's at some point I may do. Planning on changing in September so hopefully run it as it is until then.

Cheers N8, rooting around on here and found some old shots of yours with the old wheels and Red centres, looked real nice (does now too). :jump:

Purple????? Saw a thread with Kawasaki Green and wot not recently, I don't get it but will hold my opinion till I see it. Interesteing....

That's Dave Kennedy's Mk5. Wasn't a great fan of those in hot pink, but I love those alphards here, one of the most perfect rims for the mk5 :wub:...

Mk5onMercAlphas.jpg

Looks nice! I was thinking doing the same a while back! Whereabouts near York you situated? I'm about the same distance from York as well.

Just a quick question - are the Sportlines a big improvement over the standard S-Line springs? can i fit them with the standard S-Line shocks? want to lower mine now i've seen yours :)

Cheers NHN, didn't wanna go down the pro route in case it tuend out to have a big gap up front.

You're kidding right, big gap, far from it fella, perfect ride height overall IMHO.

Robby, they'll go straight on and you won't have to up rate the dampers. Well not unless you want to of course.

Wai-Fan, just York, I get about, no doubt spot your 8P around then.

NHN, I did a lowering of same height all around on a Toledo a couple of years ago and I wasn't keen on the result, once bitten, twice shy and all that, I'm sure the Pro Kit is bang on though all the same. See Toledo below:

31306020010_large.jpg

Good work so far on the car fella!

I must agree with NHN on the pro front. I have them fitted to mine, and sit just perfect for myself. No big gap up front on this feccker!:)

So whats the next mod then? You know you want to :p

The Toledo, Mk2 Jetta, Vento, seat cordoba and old polo saloon all sufffer from reverse rake when just lowering on springs. Most people blame it on the rear springs being the same as their hatcback equivilants and therefore suffer from the extra weight of the big *** boot.

Was you Toledo a V5? My dad had one of them!

Scottie, yep I want the 8P2 front end, scouring ebay daily for the bonnet and bumper, trying to look for Mauritius Blue to keep the cost down, wanting a new Supermoto now too! Will you bung some more pics of yours up, only seen it in your signature?

Lee, cheers for your comments, the toledo was a temporary car for like 3months it was a 110 TDi SE and I ended up running it for nearly a year (long time in my car history) it had Spax full kit on it though, shocks bushes and springs too, shame really as I felt it looked well. I put that car on TT v6 rims after the RS6's, loved it. Speaking of the big *** boot and springs only check out my Bora, it went down a treat!:
26364900001_large.jpg

yep I want the 8P2 front end, scouring ebay daily for the bonnet and bumper,

Im excited to get mine done now, have to wait 3 month for the garages warranty to run out though before I start playing haha, Im looking for the facelift S Line front n rears too, looks so much better with that big grill spesh in optics black!!

Yep Acid, every man and his dog his wife, sister, auntie and uncle are snapping them up. Think it def freshens the front up! let me know if you find the bits.

Wai-Fan, just York, I get about, no doubt spot your 8P around then.

Oh rights, will be seeing you around then! Anyways, did you install the springs yourself or go to a garage for it?

Yep Acid, every man and his dog his wife, sister, auntie and uncle are snapping them up. Think it def freshens the front up! let me know if you find the bits.

Tell me about bro, well I have 3 months to surf the pages of ebay so hopefully will find sumat. If not Ill just get it from Audi! Im all over that black optics grill though looks well smooth! Your springs settle much more since yesterday?

Oh rights, will be seeing you around then! Anyways, did you install the springs yourself or go to a garage for it?

I got them done by Moss Tyres on Clifton Moor if you know it. Apparently the fronts are easy and could be done relatively easily by someone at home but the fronts are supposed to be a right pain..

Acid, I ain't used the A3 today been in Volvo S40 Sport SE (company fuel and miles) courtesy of my Mrs. I looked at the car but that's about it. Plus it's raining out there, sucks ***! Black optics does look really well, there's nothing to stop you searching and stockpiling your parts ready for the changes. You put pics of your car up in the pics thread yet?

Acid, I ain't used the A3 today been in Volvo S40 Sport SE (company fuel and miles) courtesy of my Mrs. I looked at the car but that's about it. Plus it's raining out there, sucks ***! Black optics does look really well, there's nothing to stop you searching and stockpiling your parts ready for the changes. You put pics of your car up in the pics thread yet?

Its totally standard at mo man and Ive only got the one pic (avatar) I guess Ill upload it to the picture thread though! And yeah Id hoped to have all the parts by the time the 3month warranty is up but we shall see, fingers crossed aye!

Yep, agreed - it looks a whole lot better. Definitely sits lower than my A3 with 30mm H&Rs all round. Nice one.

You got any pics of yours with the H&R -30mm springs fitted matey as I was considering a set of those myself??

4NT - You've got me worried now! I'm on the brink of ordering a set of 18" RS4 wheels/tyres, and currently have the same wheels as your originals on my 2.0 TDI Sport. 235/40/18s would give a diameter 9mm bigger, but 225/40/18s would be only 3mm bigger, which should of course only raise the car up 4.5mm and 1.5mm respectively. What size are the tyres on your 18s? I'd really rather not have to touch the suspension, but it did look quite high before you fitted your springs :(

Adam Master of the Universe "Heeman 10" I just responded to your new wheels question. I'm running 225/40/18 so the RS4's will juack it up further. I did all the head scratching too and hoped to hell that it would work out well. Obviously it didn't. It's cost me a further £250 but the car (in my opinion) looks good now.

What to do eh....:think:

What a load of nonsense. It's annoying when maths doesn't work out the way it should! Yours went that high and didn't even have 235mm wide tyres on it! Grrrrr! I suspect Skeletor has had something to do with this! :noway: You've really chucked a monkey in my fish tank now - don't know what to do! Thank you for your replies though. Urgh.

Scottie, yep I want the 8P2 front end, scouring ebay daily for the bonnet and bumper, trying to look for Mauritius Blue to keep the cost down, wanting a new Supermoto now too! Will you bung some more pics of yours up, only seen it in your signature?

Lee, cheers for your comments, the toledo was a temporary car for like 3months it was a 110 TDi SE and I ended up running it for nearly a year (long time in my car history) it had Spax full kit on it though, shocks bushes and springs too, shame really as I felt it looked well. I put that car on TT v6 rims after the RS6's, loved it. Speaking of the big *** boot and springs only check out my Bora, it went down a treat!:

Ah! we may end up competing for the same bumper and bits!!!! Saw one on Ebay Germany but the guy wouldn't post to the UK! Mauritius Blue will keep costs down so .....on your marks!!!! Race you!!! lol

Ha ha, I've obviously not put the effort in that you have, i.e. Deutsche ebay! If you get sorted let me know and I'll do the same. Only had the car a few weeks yet so if it takes a while to get the new front end that'll do. Besides if you do it 1st and do a build thread I can learn from your mistakes! :idea:

Ha ha, I've obviously not put the effort in that you have, i.e. Deutsche ebay! If you get sorted let me know and I'll do the same. Only had the car a few weeks yet so if it takes a while to get the new front end that'll do. Besides if you do it 1st and do a build thread I can learn from your mistakes! :idea:

lol! I had the car 2 days and did a quick fix, saw a thread on here where you paint the middle part of the bumper black and chrome between. To be honest looks quite good and will do until I find my bits! I've now had the car 9 days and chomping at the bit!!! Much prefer the newer front. Also had a job changing bulbs, mine has zenons but wanted whiter sides and the diadem indicators, after almost removing the headlamps and many cuts on the hands, all done and looks much cleaner....im fussy lol. I will let you know how I get on and hopefully, all being well, no mistakes. Saying that, I did my BMW 530d SE upgrade to an M Sport bumper, erm went well but had alot of fudging to do lol, so I cant wait for the little A3!!!! Good luck hunting and like I said...race you to it!!!!
Also after a set of 3 spoke New RS6's to change the look!

Last edited:
I got them done by Moss Tyres on Clifton Moor if you know it. Apparently the fronts are easy and could be done relatively easily by someone at home but the fronts are supposed to be a right pain..

Oh rights, didn't realise they did suspension, pretty close to York Audi and I go bowling at Clifton Moor occasionally anyway. How long did it take and how much did they charge you if you don't mind me asking?