Car starts and cuts straight out

evocos

Reaction score
Advice please
I have took my car in to have some paint,and there has never been any issues with the car starting.
I got a phone call this morning to say was i aware of the immobilser problem and i said there wasn't one.
What they are saying is that the car starts and then cuts out straight away,with the lights on the dash flashing
but the engine manangement lights etc are not coming on,so obviously i am NOT happy.
Thoughts please
Jules

We had something like this and it turned out to be one of the fuses on the front of the battery if i remember correctly,something like 40 or 50amp but you cant see its blown until you unbolt the fuse,if its not that then its there job to sort,i work at a bodyshop and if a car comes in running it goes out running faults or not,speak to the bodyshop manager and if its insurance work tell them you are going to complain to insurance company,if its cash just say your not paying until its back running as it was driven or recovered in to them

Cheers Phil
I will give them a ring and get them to check it,i am starting to get a little pi$$ed off,they have
already painted the bentley's the completely wrong colour,why do people not listen.
Not insurance work,just having it minted up with a few extra's so its £££££££££ all the way

If it didnt have an immo problem before it went in, then how the feck did they think you got the car to them in the 1st place, idiots, immo stops you driving it, so something must either have blown whilst there or something they've done if it was working perfectly beforehand when in use by yourself & yes that is a sign of immo not working for some reason.

Do you have another key you could pop in to see if the immo chip has failed which is highly unlikely, but something to test, also at same time get vagcom on it if you have mate.

Cheers,that is exactly what i did,i took a half an hour drive home then another hour to bodyshop,which come highly
recommended with the 2nd key and still no joy.I am thinking the same as you,that they have done something,i have never had a problem
and a also spoke to matt andrew who previously owned it and he had no problems.
So it is just a very bad coincidence or there error which they are saying they have done nothing that could have caused it.
Either way i want it running and the work done,but unfortunately i am off skiing thursdy morning so would like to know its running before i leave.

I'd be curious to know what too. What was getting painted & did it need removed from the car?

A scan with VDCS could help pin point whats wrong.

Its a pain when things like this happen, i'm sure the bodyshop is scratching its head too.

The only thing more annoying is "my car was in for an MOT 4 months ago & now the stereo isn't working" or "my car was in getting the brakes done & now the wipers don't work" etc...

Aha if thats Matts old car then I know that car fairly well & immo never failed, so somethings been done.

Its having quite a bit of paint,the bonnet from when the front end conversion was done,
the votex side skirts and roof spoiler as the paint match was not very good,so while it was in
i thought i would get the 2 sides done so it matches perfect.The only bit they are messing with is they have removed the new sline rear bumper and s3 diffuser,that me and matt andrew fitted last week and have disconnected the rear
parking sensors,but as me and matt did this last week to fit it all,so don't see how this could effect anything.
I am wondering if they have allowed the battery to go flat and something has happened from that. I just want it sorted and back but no one seems to be helping much,and i think they want me to pay for any costs.

Dude not trying to push it on yer, but maybe its time for a worthwhile investment of vagcom, pm if interested.

Cheers but i am Mates with Matt andrew and he only lives 15 minutes away,and its cheaper using his :thumbsup:

Cheers but i am Mates with Matt andrew and he only lives 15 minutes away,and its cheaper using his :thumbsup:

is it now, lol. How did you get on with the battery connected to a jump pack or jump leads. May be they tried starting with jump jack on boost and blown something

is it now, lol. How did you get on with the battery connected to a jump pack or jump leads. May be they tried starting with jump jack on boost and blown something

You know it's appreciated Matt,you ARE the oracle ;)
No joy yet but i think what your saying is spot on,i think something has blown while they have
tried to jump start it,lets hope it gets sorted today,fingers crossed