A3 handed back, 3yrs and 98,000miles, a quick report!

giblets46

Reaction score
Handed my A3 SE 2.0TDi Sportback in on Friday, after 3 years,will miss the old girl. Partly as the lease was about to end (in a month), and partly as I have a new job!
In the three years, had to go into the Garage four times for failures (in order):

1. Oil leak from the Cam pump (lots of white smoke and engine running away), leading to new pump and turbo! (31,000miles).
2. Intercooler pipe 'popped off' about a month after the above
3. Clutch slave cylinder failed, leaving the car in neutral ( and me stuck in Manchester for the evening, luckily on expenses), (85,000miles)
4. Intercoller pipe 'popped off' AGAIN after about a month from #3!

The rear speakers also failed when the cable fell off one of them. (all the above work done on warranty, although I did have to rent a car on #3 )

Other than that, she has been pretty reliable considering the thrashing she has had! (I had to take my annual leave for the last week, and paying for my own fuel....the average MPG went from 47 to 54 that week! :laugh:

As a result I will be leaving to this forum....well, the A3 bit, I will hopefully be appearing on the A4 thread as soon as my new car arrives!

Not bad at all considering the mileage and hard use.

Good luck with the A4, they are a nice motor and perfect for mile munching.