AH FabricationsBadger5
    Quattro

Status

A3/S3 Carbon bonnet GROUP BUY Ł560+ vat

Hi Guys

8P 05-08 model

Iv been looking into this for a while now and finally decided on this company out of many to get a carbon fibre bonnet on my S3 www.PERFORMANCE-TRIM.com theyv said that a one off bonnet will be Ł1400 or if i we can get group buy of 5 persons or more the price will reduce dramatically to 560+vat and i think we may get that down more again !

Theres a lot of bad quality cheap products on the market and iv looked into a LOT of places none of them compare to these guys their also tried and tested ! dont settle for a cheap grade fibreglass wrap as many are advertising these guys are the real deal and the discount is astonishing for only 5 people this wont come accross too often so if you guys want to get one for this price please PM me we only need 4 more people ! :-)

here are some pics of the quality

As i said above this oppertunity/offer wont come very often guys especially this quality so drop me a line as il be posting on other forums too
    Aslo pop your name on the list here just cut and paste

1:S3-Dan
    2:.....
    Last edited by S3-Dan; 22nd February 2010 at 12:52.

Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks brilliant quality, ill let my mate know. he is currenty putting his S3 on a diet so this would be perfect for him.

Davie

Quattro

Status
    Thanks davie im not 100% on weights but the bonnet saves around 11kg if remember rightly..il recheck and get back to you though

Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge

3rd Gear

Status
    are these available for a 07 a3 s-line? if so whats the cost

MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

MY PROGRESS THREAD

Quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1988brown View Post
    are these available for a 07 a3 s-line? if so whats the cost
    yes chris the bonnets will fit an A3 2005 to 2008 any type or an S3 8P 2006 to 2008 iv sent you a PM with details, price is 560+ vat
    Thanks
    Dan

1st Gear

Status
    that bonnet should fit all 05-08 model A3's including s-line and S3.. Would look lovely on any colour but I just can't afford it

Quattro

Status
    shame mate its seriously cheap at that i really hope we get the numbers

Quattro

Status
    Revamp

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-Dan View Post
    yes chris the bonnets will fit an A3 2005 to 2008 any type or an S3 8P 2006 to 2008 iv sent you a PM with details, price is 560+ vat
    Thanks
    Dan
    I am trying desperately to resist. Did you ever find out the weight saving?
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    I am trying desperately to resist. Did you ever find out the weight saving?
    do not resisit il get back to you asap on the weight saving, even with 3 ppl if chris decides he likes the photoshop i think we can get the price down ! my cars getting featured at some point too so im gonna play the advertisment card and see what they can do there too !
    PS: your car sounds like a beast too where are all these outrageous diesals coming from haha i LOVE it also love a go too !

Status
    Am i right in thinking that this group buy is for a carbon fiber bonnet sheet that goes on top of the stock metal sub frame of the bonnet so the standard bonnet lifters and bonnet catch are used so there should be no fitment issues.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Quattro

Status
    the carbon bonnet is moulded from the stock bonnet so it's a reproduction but in carbon so all the standard mounting points etc can be used direct replacement or i wouldnt bother myself also jonnyC has one of these on the golf and the quality is simply amazing, fitment, weight, looks i love it and wouldnt use any other company im exstatic that this discount is available more than half the price off with only 5 people !!
    Last edited by S3-Dan; 27th February 2010 at 19:08.

Status
    So entire bonnet is Carbon then with no metal parts to re-enforce it to stop flexing etc?

Quattro

Status
    as far as i can see at the moment but they dont flex a lot carbon is solid as far as i know, iv emailed them for full specs into details the bonnets are fantastic quality and im sure if they had too much flex or any other problems that they would be overcome and redesigned, have a better look on the site and get back to me with any other questions and i will investigate further for you they may be reinforced but being lightweight i dont think ther would be any metal reinforcing..
    Dan

Quattro

Status
    so anyone else interested ? il keep this post up until we have a better idea and will also get back to them on group buy less than 5 if possible...

Status
    What i am mostly interested in is weight saving over standard bonnet plus the claimed weight of the carbon bonnet so as to check data, how much flex is there in the bonnet ( a friend of mine has a carbon bonnet on his Skoda and it bends like a fiber glass sheet ) , to confirm that the stock hinges and bonnet catch are still used and if they are used are they fitted to the bonnet or do we have to supply and fit the parts are selfs plus finally what is the P+P cost for the bonnet.

Quattro

Status
    What i am mostly interested in is weight saving over standard bonnet plus the claimed weight of the carbon bonnet so as to check data, how much flex is there in the bonnet ( a friend of mine has a carbon bonnet on his Skoda and it bends like a fiber glass sheet ) , to confirm that the stock hinges and bonnet catch are still used and if they are used are they fitted to the bonnet or do we have to supply and fit the parts are selfs plus finally what is the P+P cost for the bonnet.
    the weight is also what im interested in, their back on friday il get replys then
    yes you use your stock hinges and catch and there isnt a lot of flex in the bonnet its very rigid as i said a friend ( jonnyC ) has one from these guys if youv read his build threads or know him youl know he doesnt go half measures only the best will do, when i seen it and lifted the bonnet etc i knew i wanted one and will ONLY buy one from performance trim ! if it comes to it il pay the 1400 i WILL have one !

1st Gear

Status
    Will it fit a 2008 S3 Sportback?
    Who said speed kills!?!?....But dangerous driving on the other hand....
    Ibis White S3 Sportback - ?bhp - ?lb/ft (Being Fixed)
    Mods: LED's Throughout, Milltek TBE, Revo S2+, Forge CAI (Gold), K&W V3's 25mm, H&R ARB's, Powerflex Bushes, Autotech HPFP, Sachs Clutch, Forge DV, Jonny's PCV Mod, Defi Boost Gauge, Pro Alloy Intercooler, 18" OZ Alleggerita's, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, VI Performance Monitor, Road Angel Pro Connected
    Full OEM Springs and Shocks for sale from 2008 S3 CLICK ME

3rd Gear

Status
    Toby, I have spoken to Performance Trim, They will offer the same deal for the facelift. Just need 5 users for the GB.

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-Dan View Post
    if it comes to it il pay the 1400 i WILL have one !
    If you are willing to pay that sort of money OSIR sale double sided and single sided carbon bonnets. http://www.ttsroadsport.com/content....02S02&PageNo=1

Quattro

Status
    If you are willing to pay that sort of money OSIR sale double sided and single sided carbon bonnets. http://www.ttsroadsport.com/content....02S02&PageNo=1
    thanks but iv looked at them too, im sure theres a lot of good bonnets out there but i wanna go with the tried and tested that way i know what im getting when im spending the money ! im surprised on the lack of interest mind

1st Gear

Status
    Sportback carbon bonnet:

1. tobycruse
    Who said speed kills!?!?....But dangerous driving on the other hand....
    Ibis White S3 Sportback - ?bhp - ?lb/ft (Being Fixed)
    Mods: LED's Throughout, Milltek TBE, Revo S2+, Forge CAI (Gold), K&W V3's 25mm, H&R ARB's, Powerflex Bushes, Autotech HPFP, Sachs Clutch, Forge DV, Jonny's PCV Mod, Defi Boost Gauge, Pro Alloy Intercooler, 18" OZ Alleggerita's, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, VI Performance Monitor, Road Angel Pro Connected
    Full OEM Springs and Shocks for sale from 2008 S3 CLICK ME

Quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tobycruse View Post
    Sportback carbon bonnet:

1. tobycruse
    OMG Hijack lol, toby u have the later shape mate looks like its u and decked getting them and me on my tod for a pre 2008

Quattro

Status
    Offer still standing guys anyone else oiut there wanting a GREAT quality carbon bonnet for Ł560+VAT ??
    We just need 2 more guys i think,

Let me know please.. !

Rarely neutral

Status
    Is this still open by any chance?