Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: vibe active sub

2nd Gear

Status

vibe active sub

Hi guys,

How hard is it to fit an active 'vibe' subwoofer to my car?

I don't want to mess about with too many changes/wiring etc, and thought that installing an active sub might be the way to go. I have the audi 'concert' system with 6 CD changer built into the unit if that helps. Will it have the neccessary connectors at the back to just 'plug and play'?

Cheers, Ricky.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    You need to be more specific, there's laods of Vibe active subs ranging which vary wildy in enclosure size. Also I don't know if the concert HU has the sub out connectors but I doubt it has.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Neutral

Status
    My mate installed a sound system with the standard headunit. he had to buy a 'thing' to plug into the back to allow for him to plug in a sub and it also gave him a clean signal compared to the standard HU signal...
    he is on this forum. his user name is Y3NRY... private message him to get the details. i think he may have tht bit you plug into the back for sale..

Piers
    A3 2.0tdi (170) Quattro S-line

Mods -
    Badgless Grille
    S3 rear Bumper
    Black Brake Callipers
    19" New RS6 Rims
    Cupra R Front Lip/Splitter
    Alpine Touch Screen Headunit
    Alpine satnav/Freeview/DAB
    Rainbow Audio Speakers
    JL amps and sub
    Pipercross Venom Induction

2nd Gear

Status
    Why does it matter what size it is?

Im just asking if I buy an active sub (like a vibe one) is it plug and play, or how can I hook it up to the standard head unit?

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Piers, same colour A3 as mine too!

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Don't think any of them have a sub pre out on them, the Vibe will have a high level input (from rear speaker) but you still need to run a live from the battery and a trigger / ignition feed to turn it on when the ignition is switched on so you'll still have to do a fair bit of messing. Dependant upon your car model it may have the Audi (Blaupunkt) sub and amp behind the left hand boot trim panel, theses are standard to Sports , S-Lines and maybe SE's.

If you have one you can tap into it's internal 50watt RMS amp and put a dual voice coil sub to it, you'd be surprised the amount of sound you can get from that little amp, Dual Voice Coil only though as that is what the amp is set up for, if you run a normal sub you'll only get half the power.

Good luck!
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.