Heater vents

robby

Reaction score
Do the heater vents (the 4 round ones on the dash) just prise out then push back in or is there more to it?
just bought a set of silver S3 ones as an upgrade - didn't notice mine have a chrome part on the front already ?

Did you buy them cheap on wednesday morning off ebay?

Oh ok! I spent 3 days negotiating with a breaker for a set, he listed them on a buy it now for me and sent me an email. I didnt get the email for 2 hours and in that time somebody else hit buy it now! I was gutted!!!!!

They do just pull out, slide something thin behind. The ideal tool is a wallpaper scraper, just ease them out carefully

No he isnt the guy! He sells a lot of Audi stuff to be fair, had some bits off him in the past and all was fine. Probably has a few sets!

No he isnt the guy! He sells a lot of Audi stuff to be fair, had some bits off him in the past and all was fine. Probably has a few sets!

How much were you looking to spend as you could offer this seller £75 as a buy now

Personally they are not something i'd pay £75 for, they arent that much different to the normal ones but i do like them better. The other guy was asking £35 delivered hence my disapointment. If I was to buy a set, i prefer the ones from the mk2 TT

They always fetch £70+ on ebay

£35????????? ******, i offered £75 hoping he'd refuse - i thought if he refused i would take them off my shopping list but he accepted ?

If you relist them, they will fetch at least £60, you would get most of your cash back

Oh ok! I spent 3 days negotiating with a breaker for a set, he listed them on a buy it now for me and sent me an email. I didnt get the email for 2 hours and in that time somebody else hit buy it now! I was gutted!!!!!

They do just pull out, slide something thin behind. The ideal tool is a wallpaper scraper, just ease them out carefully

Some people have said that you need to turn the dials between the positions (positions being a soft stop point between 12 oclock and 3 oclock) as the mechanism needs to move to get them out. Not sure if you need to do this but I did and after working a blunt scraper all away around them come stright out but are pretty tough to do. Simple to install, just push the new ones in

Yeah thats true but as you are removing them, when your wiggling you can feel them sort of click out.

Well i fitted them today and they were as easy as everyone said to fit, thanks for the help