Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

theronin

Reaction score
Is it worth getting the option for Tyre Pressure Monitoring System ? It doesn't come with default configuration over at where I am.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother. Had them on my last company car ( Peugeot 407 ) and had to disconnect them because they were always giving false alarms. Came as standard on that car but wouldn't like to think I had to pay for them. Up to you of course but I think ( punctures excepted ) that a regular visual check is better and you should do that anyway !! Cheers

I had them on my Mk5 golf and found it quite usefull, it rarely went off and when it did it was because I had a slow puncture. I wouldn't have known about this until it became visibly obvious. The system reacted to a 3psi drop which you can't see, I guess the Audi system is the same one which uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to detect a rpm increase in the deflating (and hence smaller diameter) tyre.

Well worth the money. I too had a slow puncture that I would not have noticed so soon without the monitor. That was the only time it has gone off. Its also reassuring if you hear an odd noise that you think might be a puncture or run over something nasty that could do some damage

I retrofitted the TPMS thinking it would be a big wow.
Well its not, but since it only costed me 50 euro it`s not a big deal.

It actually beeps after the tire has lost most of its air (around 15psi) good enough for a slow puncture, but not good enough to keep your tyres pumped up all the time.
I`m supposed to keep my tires around 30-32 and after some time i measured them around 25 and the TPMS never beeped.

Nevertheless a cheap option , and fun to have :)

Last edited:
I think its done with brake adaptation channells. Ask NHN, I gave him some logs from mine.

TPMS is sensitive, Mine went off when there was a 1mph speed difference between the front and rear wheels. (I had new tyres fitted on the front!)