Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Is it worth getting the option for Tyre Pressure Monitoring System ? It doesn't come with default configuration over at where I am.
    Last edited by theronin; 18th February 2010 at 16:50.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    I wouldn't bother. Had them on my last company car ( Peugeot 407 ) and had to disconnect them because they were always giving false alarms. Came as standard on that car but wouldn't like to think I had to pay for them. Up to you of course but I think ( punctures excepted ) that a regular visual check is better and you should do that anyway !! Cheers

Neutral

Status
    I had them on my Mk5 golf and found it quite usefull, it rarely went off and when it did it was because I had a slow puncture. I wouldn't have known about this until it became visibly obvious. The system reacted to a 3psi drop which you can't see, I guess the Audi system is the same one which uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to detect a rpm increase in the deflating (and hence smaller diameter) tyre.

Up the owls!

Status
    Well worth the money. I too had a slow puncture that I would not have noticed so soon without the monitor. That was the only time it has gone off. Its also reassuring if you hear an odd noise that you think might be a puncture or run over something nasty that could do some damage
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

6th Gear

Status
    looking at the configurator I see its a 75 option, for that it could be worth it?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

3rd Gear

Status
    I retrofitted the TPMS thinking it would be a big wow.
    Well its not, but since it only costed me 50 euro it`s not a big deal.

It actually beeps after the tire has lost most of its air (around 15psi) good enough for a slow puncture, but not good enough to keep your tyres pumped up all the time.
    I`m supposed to keep my tires around 30-32 and after some time i measured them around 25 and the TPMS never beeped.

Nevertheless a cheap option , and fun to have
    Last edited by aristides; 18th February 2010 at 18:12.
    FOR SALE:

RNS-e 2013 DVD, BK Version, NOT unit, DVD disc

Steering ECU : 1k0 953 549 AH, ideal for Cruise Control retrofit

6th Gear

Status
    I'd need to change my ABS ecu so will give it a miss. Aren't there settings within VCDS for adjusting it?

http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2006/04/...stem-tpms.html
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    I think its done with brake adaptation channells. Ask NHN, I gave him some logs from mine.

TPMS is sensitive, Mine went off when there was a 1mph speed difference between the front and rear wheels. (I had new tyres fitted on the front!)