BBS Air II CK 8x19 split rims

PW-Motorsport

Reaction score
I have one set of the BBS CK516
8 x19 ET44mm 5x112 suitable for 8P A3 S3
Stainless removable rim protector two piece construction.
RRP £600 per wheel

£1199 inc next day UK delivery

bbs_airII_ck_pol_ci3_l.jpg

bbs-air-ii-ck-zoom.jpg

Please ring for details.
Philip
01437 563929

Thats a good price! If only you'd posted a week earlier.... I just got myself a set of CK's.

These would look good on a Sprint Blue car.
Sprint suits the blingy grill and mirrors etc....so these would set the car off nice.

Mmmmmm......

I love them, in fact I seem to remember speaking to Philip about these previously, or at least something similar, for me a polished surface coupled with a dark coloured car looks superb, if only ..

There my favoirate rim's on a black s3 they would kill it or most audi's tbh .....love the pollished look add's a bit of bling to a audi and goes with the chrome on the grill . if i had the money id snatch em off you, even just to keep em for my next audi as i think hyper silver is a boring colour i think an audi deserve's a bit of bling and these are it :icon_thumright: ..

why havent these come up in a month or so.. well woulda had them :slap:

I am very interested in them, ideal fit for my new S3 I would say, but just wonder would I was looking for either matt black or similar to go better with the Suzuka Grey. Would I be able to get these powder coated if they are a polished stainless ? I'm guessing not ??

Not a great fan of powder coated wheels. Lots of reasons, here are a few.

The powder coat tends to be too thick and when bolts, caps are fitted it cracks the powder coat.

The hot brake dust lands and melts into the coating.

OK Phillip, cheers for that advice , better I hold off until I get the car then and order the right colour of wheels I need from the off then . Shame , as they are gorgeous wheels
Cheers

Just get Philip to quote you for some anthracite CK or black edition CH, got to be better than buying new then painting ?

Yes that will be best, it's just I have seen so many people on here changing wheel colours it just put me in mind to see if that would be the way to go as the wheels seem so reasonable

Be quick on the CK's, Philip only has 1 set of anthracite left and they are discontinued. More popular in Europe than UK. I have a set reserved and awaiting delivery from elsewhere, but PW seem to have the last set in UK.

3 sets? I wont say it mate. :icon_thumright: What you got planned N8?

Thats what I thought N8. Win Win - shes happy, I'm extatic :)

If I'm honest, having never seen any of them in the flesh and only looking at Photos, I think I prefer the look of the CK1's (like Rabbits) on the S3 as I think they look bigger as the spoke edge goes to the edge of the rim. But when looking at them it was a no brainer really - CKI's at approx £1.5k or CKII's at £1.2k. Plus just for to be a little different as I've never seen anyone else running them on the S3. (Maybe for a reason but we'll find out :) )

Now the debate with myself over tyres - I know (from reading several of your posts) that 215's are a must if I never want any rubbing BUT is it a trade off is my biggest debate.

Do I want to risk having some rubbage when loaded up with fat bistids v's me (or the wife :laugh:) kerbing those lovely dishes.

Bearing in mind the only people who ever get in the back of my S3 are my two little ones with a combined weight of around 6 stone.

Then there's the minority of posters who I've saw post up who are running the same rim size and offsett with 225's with H&R springs without any rubbing.

I know its been debated a hundred times but I'm struggling in the decision in which way to go. :sorry:

HELP !

To be honest the rim protectors on tyres will stop a light touch on a kerb but not a heavy full on scrape. Id go with the 215s just to make sure they dont rub because when they do its a right grating noise that will **** you off real quick. My folks used to rub when there was a slight dip in the road front and back and they were only 18 x 8 ET43 with 225s