Tyre advice

Another quick one on tyres and rubbing etc..... I believe my S3 will be coming with mud flaps fitted. Now I am unsure if this is correct or not, as I am sure i read some where that with the S3 bodykit it does not allow for fitting of mud flaps ? But it was a choice when i specced the car with the dealer and i opted to have them as I like the look of them, as have them on my current SB BE.
But anyway if it is correct does anyone else have mudflaps fitted to their S3 and if so does this complicate things with installing 19" wheels and rubbing ?

Thanks

you cant get mudflaps for the S3 from audi but i ve modified some universal ones to go on mine and have no probs with 225 tyres

Very Stylish :ninja:

MudFlap.jpg

mattandrew,
Looks beautiful, I am imagining mine now with the BBS CK's I have bought with 225's on them, Suzuka Grey ....... should look the dog's bits.

Here a few more of mine

225's on 8 inch rim

The car has settled down a bit more since springs were fitted and pics taken

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

Have you got spacers fitted ? Any rubbing issues ?
I will be running standard spring set up for a while but looking to lower on H&R's eventually.
Also I have specced the tyre monitor sensors for my S3 , wondering if changing the wheel size from standard will affect the operation of this ?

So basically looks like I shouldn't have specced the tyre pressure sensor if i was changing the wheels then. Sh*t.
Not very good forward planning from me looks like...ooops :faint:

Yes sorry should have read back and would have noticed the response earlier saying that Matt was getting rubbing. I also noted that V6Pete had mentioned that when he was running 225's he had no rubbing issues. Although the offset of his wheels are different at et50 compared to my et44's.
So the bottom line for me is I suppose I can install the BBS alloys at standard ride height with no rubbing issues............ lower on H&R's and I will get rubbing. Also car will not look so pretty riding higher to prevent rubbing. Only other option is to change to 215 tyres

Also my tyre sensors will not work changing the wheels..........hmmmm, a few things to think about,