Like Tree1Likes

Thread: S3 Forge Twintake Review

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by david_phillips95 View Post

Sounds quite meaty

Davie
    Fantastic video, how funny is that !! LMAO
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    i think forge need to make a engine cover for the car now to complament the intake in carbon and battery cover to fuse box cover as well .

3rd Gear

Status
    the OEM cover trimmeed to fit will be hard to beat, You can pick them up on Ebay for around 50 so its always going to be cheaper than something fabricated by a performance company

Davie

5th Gear

Status
    I don't get why you'd want an engine cover if you have an aftermarket CAI - it's just weight for no purpose surely ? And weight exactly where you DON'T want it - right on top of the engine mass. I wouldn't have an engine cover if it was given to me for free.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    It's unfortunate that the VAG car comes with a 67mm MAF housing diameter as standard. Another limitation carried over from the OEM air box system.

I was expecting by now to see a larger intake pipe produced (maybe up to 80mm), with a fully adjusted remap code to compensate for the new scaling, but then I guess it is a lot of work for the amount of people likely to shell out.

I wonder whether there is a limit to how big a pipe you can get beyond the MAF which bends down behind the engine block.
    the size of the pipe after the MAF will again probably be down to the size of the inlet on the turbo which i imagine is probably a similar size to the MAF? i could be wrong as its hard to get a good look down there lol

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    I don't get why you'd want an engine cover if you have an aftermarket CAI - it's just weight for no purpose surely ? And weight exactly where you DON'T want it - right on top of the engine mass. I wouldn't have an engine cover if it was given to me for free.
    The main reason I want one is to stop all the salt and spray you get on the roads dirtying up my engine block. Fair point about the weight as the stock cover is heavy, not sure how much weight you lose when you cut it getting rid of the intake part though?
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c41lum View Post
    the size of the pipe after the MAF will again probably be down to the size of the inlet on the turbo which i imagine is probably a similar size to the MAF? i could be wrong as its hard to get a good look down there lol
    The casting inlet is 50mm outside diameter, but drops slightly as it bends into the compressor - say 45mm ?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Forge View Post
    The casting inlet is 50mm outside diameter, but drops slightly as it bends into the compressor - say 45mm ?

Neutral

Status
    Nice read...

Thanks!
    Current Ride:
    2012 Ibis White 3dr S-tronic
    Ex Rides:
    2011 Golf 6 Gti DSG- United Grey
    2011 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
    2008 Ibis White (Sunroof, Bucket Seats)
    2007 Mini Cooper S R56-Dark Silver
    2006 VW Golf 5 GTi- United Grey
    2005 Renault Megane RS 225-Burnt Orange

Reverse Gear

Status
    Is this intake the same as the Twintake for the VW MK5 GTI?

Reason being, a guy is selling one from his MK5 and offered it to me for my 8P S3.

1st Gear

Status
    The twintakes are NOT interchangeable . the Golf V Twintake WILL NOT fit the S3 or any other model , The Forge S3 twintake WILL NOT fit the A3 either

Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

Status
    Will have to have a read of this later. The figures sound nice if that what it produces but I really dont like the look of it as it looks like a universal filter off ebay imo

Revo Stage 2+ - Miltek Non Res Turbo Back Exhaust - Evoms Intake - Autotech Fuel
    Pump - Forge DV - Sachs Clutch - BSH Engine/Gearbox Mounts - BSH PCV Mod - RS4
    FPR Valve - Airlift Performance Struts With Adjustable Top Mounts & Droplinks with Accuair Management - H & R Anti Roll Bars - 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushes - BBS E28 Magnesium Motorsport Wheels - Piano
    Black Optics Grill & Fogs - Piano Black Door Mirrors - Carbon Fibre Front Splitter & Rear Diffuser

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_T View Post
    I really dont like the look of it as it looks like a universal filter off ebay imo
    Eh ?
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

1st Gear

Status
    carbon cannisters made to our design and its not B&M either :-)

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    As always - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the cannisters look great but looks are subjective. More importantly I know that they perform fantastically
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Just found this excellent comparative review putting the Twintake up against the Carbonio, Dblias and ITG:
    http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=266452

1st Gear

Status
    anyone here running a twintake + apr tune? if so when you scan do you get maf error?

1st Gear

Status
    no info on this sorry

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mkimjoon View Post
    anyone here running a twintake + apr tune? if so when you scan do you get maf error?
    Any more details on the error you are getting? Do you have a print of the error code?

1st Gear

Status
    tried looking for the error code but i think it was on my friend's comp. However, my friend sent me this when i asked if he had the code saved.

"Maf fault. Implausible signal. It's only going to show up on a apr tuned car"

Me and my friend both have APR ED30/S3 k04 kit with their tune. He has tried the EVOM s3 intake but got the maf error code so he had to go with apr carbonio...

I tried the BSH true seal and it was working fine for the 1~2 week but after that i was getting the MAF code+some misfires. However when i put my stock intake back on no more code and no more misfires.

I have carbonio and twintake on the way but i just don't want the twin intake to fail on me and waste money....

I would go with unitronic or revo's k04 flash but they completely took out the maf on their profile = runs less efficient and bad gas mpg compared to tune with maf.

let me know what i can do

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    ^^^

Hi mate,

Yes I have read about the issues with APR K04 upgrade and misfires at high RPM. The only real way you are going to know is if you test it.

I read about a Golf with APR K04 + Twintake and it did have misfires at high rpm:
    http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114395

I would go with unitronic or revo's k04 flash but they completely took out the maf on their profile = runs less efficient and bad gas mpg compared to tune with maf.
    I only speak for the OEM K04s here (i.e. my S3) - This is one of the things I specifically asked REVO before deciding to go with them for my tune. They have not taken out the MAF at all and used the factory scaling for the MAF tables. MPG on my car is 3-4 MPG better with REVO compared to stock.

I feel your pain because the OEM cover is so restrictive so of course you want to replace it.

1st Gear

Status
    so you are saying your revo tune has maf sensor enabled and twintake gives no misfires or codes? i hope it will work with my apr tune

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mkimjoon View Post
    so you are saying your revo tune has maf sensor enabled and twintake gives no misfires or codes?
    Yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12