EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: MPG??????

Reverse Gear

Status

MPG??????

Hi,

I have a 07 A3 Sportback 1.8 T S-line and its doing about 31mpg and 32mpg on long runs on the motorway..... is this correct its standard. I have asked a few questions here and had good feed back any input would be good?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Geordie Racer

Status
    It doesnt sound right tbh. I've not driven the new 1.8T model but for comparison purposes - I have a 3.2 and I can comfortably manage 32-35mpg on a good run....

I'm sure someone else with the 1.8t will be along soon to give you an idea of their MPG
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

The Ibis

Status
    I asked this question a week or so ago, it seems that on motorway runs they were getting 38 - 42 mpg, bearing in mind the car had approx 10,000 miles on the clock. Hope this helps

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellz View Post
    It doesnt sound right tbh. I've not driven the new 1.8T model but for comparison purposes - I have a 3.2 and I can comfortably manage 32-35mpg on a good run....

I'm sure someone else with the 1.8t will be along soon to give you an idea of their MPG
    I guess so much comes down to driving styles. I drove sooooo carefully once and only just squeezed 30mpg out of my 3.2. Usually I see about 24.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

The Ibis

Status
    lol Pete, mind out for the traffic talivans tho

Geordie Racer

Status
    Yeah, to be fair I dont often attempt to squeeze every last mpg from the car as thats not the reason I bought the thing - I'm referring to a trip from Edinburgh back to Newcastle in which I thought I'd give his economy lark a go - the readout was giving me 33-34mpg'ish. Its probably unfair of me to use one case in point and 'comfortably' was the wrong expression!

On a weekly basis though travelling to and from work - 14 miles each way, I average between 22-24mpg which is a mixture of combined and urban driving. It might cost a bit more at the pump but I love the drive to and from work

I used to have an 8L 1.8t quattro (180bhp version) and the economoy on that wasnt that great, on the same drive to and from work I think that thing averaged around 27/28mpg.
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3rick View Post
    lol Pete, mind out for the traffic talivans tho
    Not really, I see under 20 mpg if I drive like a c*nt.

I've never seen great mpg from any cars I've owned! Aah well.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have now managed 36mpg on a motorway run... 70-80mph ish

25 ish as an average... mainly town driving by my wife.

Worst I have managed... wait for it.... 14mpg when "showing off"!

Boycie

Status
    I get 30mpg on the work run every morning in my stage 1 S3 - something not right there!

2nd Gear

Status
    i have a 2.0t A3 sportback and mine does around 30mpg a mixture do dual carriage way and country roads
    but S3 seem to bet better on fuel than the standard 2.0t from the threads i have seen on here!