Auto locking

sam1014

happy happy happy :)
Reaction score
anyone know where or how i can get auto locking done on my car in the midlands area? also, how much does it roughly cost? its something i wanna get asap as i keep forgetting to lock my doors when i get in my car.
thanks.

It's a simple coding change using vagcom/vcds. Takes about 20 seconds.

Have a look at this thread and see if anyone lives near you who will do it for you.
CLICK HERE

thats good then. any idea where i can get it done? im from tamworth so dont reli wanna travel too far, but will if necessary.

The thread link shows all members of this forum with vagcom/vcds who are willing to help other members with coding/settings/etc jobs.
Vagcom/vcds is a diagnostics tool which allows you to scan your car for faults or make changes to certain things, like enabling auto locking and lots of other things.

Usually members will carry out these little jobs for free or the cost of a drink/petrol.

Have a look and see if you can find someone near you and send them a PM asking if they can help out.

If you were to go to Audi to do this change they'd probably charge you the earth!

That link was great, thankyou for ur help. gonna pm a couple of people now. really appreciated that :icon_thumright:

im in coalville, near ashby de la zouch with full version vagcom if thats anygood to ya

thankyou for your offer. ive actually already pm'd someone that i think is closer now tho, so i'll just wait for them to reply, then i'll pm to let u know whats going on. would that be ok with u? just out of interest, how much would u charge?

come to me and its free ( although a couple of carlings wouldnt go a miss lol ) come to you and you cover fuel, didnt volunteer for profit, just to help out . let me know mate

do yourself a favour and have a look at the ross tech site and see if theres any other addaptions you fancy, get it all done at once, theres plenty to change, would be a shame to miss out whilst your plugged in.

I'd also suggest enabling one press on key unlock button to open driver's door only, two presses to open all doors/boot.

Do a full scan as well to see if any faults are present.

i agree with aytthreee, it goes without saying to have a full scan.

A3, i have never enabled that for anyone, only disabled it, seems like they all come with it enabled already now, i personally think it was a pain in the *** but probably a good security feature.

Mine came with it disabled, but then mine's a 2004.
But I do agree, it is a bit of a pain. Especially as the two presses don't always unlock all the doors, unless you get the double click just right.

Also, when enabling auto lock I would also enable auto unlock when key is removed from ignition. (I think they are seperate options).
Otherwise that will be quite annoying also.