Tapping / creaking coming from dash?

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Had my 09 S3 for just over a month now and in the last few days i have noticed that when the car is idling there are some weird tapping and creaking noises coming from the speedo dials and centre console area, they are quite prominent and def not in my imagination, i have got the car booked in at Audi next wednesday but was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this?

Also Audi said they will give the car a "free health check" does this mean they will re-flash the ECU as the car has been mapped by REVO?

Thanks

hi johnnyb

my 20t fsi sportback does the same thing only when i turn my radio off as though something is clicking. i have put it down to the 6 disc changer i have but might be wrong ill book mine in when i have the money to get it checked.
or just keep my radio on ha ha

My wife's A6 2.0TDI sometimes does this. I'd assumed it was the climate control and not done anything about it.

Please update on here if Audi find anything wrong as I may need to get her car looked at as well.

Thanks.

My '06 does something similar, I had assumed it was the climate opening/closing/cycling - there are a few comments on here that the climate system does this but will be interested to hear if Audi has anything to say

Thanks for the replies havent been able to get on for the last day

My last S3 never did it and its rather annoying whilst at traffic lights when the sat nav is on, having said that i have tested it quite a few times and it doesnt always do it, so im a bit worried about taking it to Audi as i know it will be sods law when they test it and it wont happen

Thanks

I have a number of issues with my which came to a head today and I took it in to Audi for a fight. After kicking up a fuss they brought out the resident Master Tech (a mod from vwaudiforum.co.uk no less!) and he was cool enough to spend some time talking to me.

One of my issues is the clicking which everyone in this post seems to also experience. I do not 100% remember all of what he said, but when we sat in my car and he heard the clicking, straight away he knew the issue. It's something to do with the Air Con motors and some other moving components of the air con system, basically getting a little confused and trying to reset their positions adaptively. It did make sense when he described it to me - honest! lol

My car goes in on Wednesday for 2 pages of faults / issues to be diagnosed and a report generated for Audi UK. Will post up the information for this fix once I have it, but he did say that the fix was to adjust the offending components.

I have a number of issues with my which came to a head today and I took it in to Audi for a fight. After kicking up a fuss they brought out the resident Master Tech (a mod from vwaudiforum.co.uk no less!) and he was cool enough to spend some time talking to me.

One of my issues is the clicking which everyone in this post seems to also experience. I do not 100% remember all of what he said, but when we sat in my car and he heard the clicking, straight away he knew the issue. It's something to do with the Air Con motors and some other moving components of the air con system, basically getting a little confused and trying to reset their positions adaptively. It did make sense when he described it to me - honest! lol

My car goes in on Wednesday for 2 pages of faults / issues to be diagnosed and a report generated for Audi UK. Will post up the information for this fix once I have it, but he did say that the fix was to adjust the offending components.

Good to know, does yours do it all the time or is it intermittent? mine is booked in for weds but dont know whether to cancel it or not

Good to know, does yours do it all the time or is it intermittent? mine is booked in for weds but dont know whether to cancel it or not

Happens all the time :(

Mine is booked in for Wednesday morning also, but I have asked them to generate a report detailing proposed solutions to my issues, as have Audi UK, not to fix them as yet. Once I have the details to this issue I will throw them up here.