is this guy a fake scammer or what ...opinion's please

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
As you know im selling my car to audi and ive confirmed the guy to be genuine will buy it for 12,250 however a guy has mailed me tonight with this but it doent add up , Is it a scam what do you think ..??
v
v
v

Sorry for getting back to you late.I am glad to inform you thati am satisfied with the details and condition of the car .

Presently i am in offshore in Ireland but i will be traveling down to uk to complete the transaction,so first of all, I will like you to please put this car off advert to avoid interruptions from other interested buyers and count it sold,ok.

Concerning the price ,i will be happy to pay you £13000.00 for it .

I will send you a Bankers draft of £4,500.00 which i will allow to clear into your bank account .

You will deduct £1,000.00 as a deposit for it which is non-refundable.

You will send £3,500.00 to shipping agent asap the cheque has cleared because I was informed by him that, he will need the money for shipping in advance at least a weekend before i will be in UK.

The remaining balance of £12100.00 payed into your bank account or by cash before it can be pick up.i will be waiting for 48hrs for you to confirmed the balance before the shipping agent can pick it up .Let me know the best way you want the balance to be paid?

You need not to worry as our prepaid shipping Agent will come to pick it up from your base for shipment asap the balance has been confirmed by you .the reason for this shipment method is as a result of the congestion at the Singapore seaport, which does not make it directly shippable there.

I will compensating you with £100 for the time involve in paying the shipping agent and also for you to withdraw the advert.

If you accept my terms of payment,The details and picture of the car will be sent to the shipping agent and get back to me with the NAME ,ADDRESS AND CONTACT MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER for Bankers draft to be delivered to you .I look forward to a successful transaction with you and await your urgent response.

PLEASE NOTE,ITS WHEN THE FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY YOU BEFORE THE CAR DOCUMENT WILL BE RELEASE TO ME AND SIGN

tbh mate that sounds exactly like the e-mails I get from nigerian etc scammers from e-bay.. he clearly wants things done urgently and therefore more chances of scamming. Take your time and whatever you do, don't lose another potential sale for this customers sake (I know you wanna sell quick)

:tocktock: Why can't he send the 3.5k to delivery guy straight? some sort of scam IMO

I know that's what im thinking it get's me angry to think these peope would scam a family out of this much money if he is trying it on id love to get my hand's on him , It does sound gen but i dont get the bankers draft bit either ??

this is TOTAL BALLS . 100% SCAM

Just remember if anyone offers this type of method of payment its a scam.

the cash will never clear properly in your bank account, and once u transfer the money to him, his money will bounce meaning u are in debt with your bank because you paid out money you didnt really have in the first place.

i had the same exact thing about my fiesta st in 2007 when i was selling that.a

it really makes me fume when i read crap like that.

thats why with anything as big as a car sale, id stick to people in the UK unless they meet you in person with cash, and then its a done deal. they are not gonna ask you to accept £14000 in cash then send their cash to someone else for agent fees or some crap.

ohh,

rant over. time for bed. nite!

All the best at selling your car!

by the way, do u have any info on your car? spec, mileage etc.... i might have someone who will buy it. he bought my ST off me, in hull.

SCAM!, report him to the police and see if they can trace the email.

Looks like they're getting more sophisticated than the "my family was killed in a plane crash 50 years ago and....etc etc" requests.

i think i would too, but these people could be anywhere, nigeria, singapore etc....

just have to watch out for this kind of stuff.

i was once going to buy a pair of laptops from a company which had gone bankrupt but as soon as they mentioned western union, (so unsecured its ridiculous) then i just stopped responding to him.

best thing to do. cut it off.

however, i wonder if he would send you any money, and you can then just keep it, but then do you want to give your bank details address details etc to some guy who sounds dodgy half way round the world. why cant he wait till he is in the uk before buying a car? who buys a car off a picture anyway? i mean, cant he use public transport for a bit ahahaha

I don't understand this transaction method at all, not that I have dealt with a lot of buying or selling before. Hopefully someone else can comment on this type of sale?

To be honest this sale seems to be giving you far more trouble than it's worth. I don't understand what the hell happened when you spoken to him and how you ended up tangled up in some bizzare deal!

this is TOTAL BALLS . 100% SCAM

Just remember if anyone offers this type of method of payment its a scam.

the cash will never clear properly in your bank account, and once u transfer the money to him, his money will bounce meaning u are in debt with your bank because you paid out money you didnt really have in the first place.

i had the same exact thing about my fiesta st in 2007 when i was selling that.a

it really makes me fume when i read crap like that.

thats why with anything as big as a car sale, id stick to people in the UK unless they meet you in person with cash, and then its a done deal. they are not gonna ask you to accept £14000 in cash then send their cash to someone else for agent fees or some crap.

ohh,

rant over. time for bed. nite!

All the best at selling your car!

by the way, do u have any info on your car? spec, mileage etc.... i might have someone who will buy it. he bought my ST off me, in hull.

Its on autotrader and pistonheads i think its on here to .....Ive traced this guy and he is a scam i also traced the ip but it went to gmail which is google so he cant be traced , Ive sent him an email saying i cant wait for this to happen im so exited hahahaha im gona play this ***** hard as i can ....

LINK TO AUTOTRADER : http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...rt/priceasc/page/1/quicksearch/true&logcode=p

Last edited:
when I put my A3 up, a lovely couple came down to purchase it. He had kids, a genuine business and wanted to do Bankers Draft. After some discussion I told him I would only accept cash or bank transfer, at that point he couldn't think of a good response and his wife kept telling me how I would never sell it because I don't accept bankers draft. Then he said he would be back with cash.

They left, never heard from them again - no surprise.

The best option is cash, at their bank which they can pre arrange in your area. Then go to your bank and complete the deal - no fake notes, no coming backs.

Sounds like a scam, they send you a cheque for a larger amount which you have to send a payment back from quickly BUT if the cheque bounces then you've given him £3500. Not bad for sending a couple of e-mails (for the scammer) - if it sounds too good to be true guess what it probably is! I would stay away.
Hope you sell your motor though!
Cheers Keith

I dont really see how this works because your not going to send money anywhere till the BD has cleared...he even says wait till it clears.

The clue is in the fact that he is willing to pay more than your asking.......lol and expects shipping to cost £3500 !!..lol

Bankers drafts arent safe same as money being transferred into the account isnt. The best way to sell the car is cash from one bank and walk it straight into your own. One of the reasons i part exed when I got my new car was because I couldnt be bothered with the agro of selling the old car and making sure the money was ok.

The scam works on peoples greed. The bankers draft/cheque will show on your bank balance as available but the money will be credited by your bank into your account while they expecting the funds from the other account to clear. Being an off shore account it takes up to 10 bussiness days and gues what, the bank will send you a nice letter suspecting you for fraud ? ! Also you will be left with a 3.5k debt as you paid the shipping costs as well or paid the difference in cash trough Western Union. Its sad to say but the scam works... Peoples are too thick or believe too much in honesty or their judgement is clouded by the extra £££ they just made !

Bankers drafts arent safe same as money being transferred into the account isnt. The best way to sell the car is cash from one bank and walk it straight into your own. One of the reasons i part exed when I got my new car was because I couldnt be bothered with the agro of selling the old car and making sure the money was ok.

As long as you take this advice 10B then you will be ok.

IF the buyer comes with the money already on him, and you got to your bank and pay it in, the bank will accept the cash and then mark it as a separate large deposit.
When I made a 13K deposit a couple of years back, my bank explained that this is common practice for large deposits and if any Fake notes have been accepted in error by the cashier, and are spotted later, YOU will have to reimburse the bank to the value of these Fake notes.
Basically the bank do not take any risk.

My situation was made worse by the fact I was depositing McMoney (Scottish Notes) into an English bank and the cashiers are not as familiar with spotting Fake Scottish notes.

Another `safe` way of making a transaction is for BOTH parties to go into you bank, debit cards in hand, and make and electronic transfer, although this isnt always possible.
I have done this before however I was fortunate that the buyer held an account at the same Bank.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Cheers
Paul

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Ha ha, these idiots are mental, was it signed by a Colonel or a President?. :) 10B, glad that you will be getting rid in time for the babby, have you confirmed the sale with the pukka Audi guy yet?

Even when funds are "cleared" in your bank, whether it's a cheque or bankers' draft, the bank can still come back and get the funds back off you later.

For example you could be given a cheque, there are funds in the account so it clears, but when the account owner gets a statement a month later it turns out the cheque is a forgery and you lose.

Am I glad that I buy all my new cars by part-exchange with my Audi dealer. Drive to the dealer in one car, pay the balance using by debit card and drive alway in the new one. It may cost me a little more but it's well worth it for peace of mind. At least I shall never be left with no car and no money.

Plus the grammar is very poor, we were taught proper Englisg grammar here in our Irish schools

Am I glad that I buy all my new cars by part-exchange with my Audi dealer. Drive to the dealer in one car, pay the balance using by debit card and drive alway in the new one. It may cost me a little more but it's well worth it for peace of mind. At least I shall never be left with no car and no money.

It depends really Dave.

That method, although an easy one, would have cost me 2 Grand when I changed my car.
Mostly due to the crap p/x I was offered for my car.

I sold it private then purchased the next car without p/x.

I simply employed some common sense, vigilance, patience and a day off work.

Worth 2 Grand if you ask me.
And if you are adding that to a loan/finance then its even more than that over the term.

Although I do see you point, but 2 grand is 2 grand.

Its easier if you have a nice pampared car to sell too, if its an unloved car then its best chopped in as a p/x.

cheers
Paul

Last edited:
This is a definaitely a scam as prevbious posts have confirmed. Even when a bankers draft has "cleared" at your branch there is a way that is can still be cancelled, thus leaving you seriosuly out of pocket. I got as far as receiving the bankers about 6 years ago now for the sale of my old MR2 but it all seemed to good to be true so did some searching on the Net and found something on the one of the police sites - it's a know scam. I sent the bankers draft to the police along with contact info but nothing ever happend - these guys have to be virtually impossible to trace.

Hold out for someone with cash mate. When I sell a car, if it ain't cash in my hand, it ain't a sale. End of.

Ive sent him an email saying i cant wait for this to happen im so exited hahahaha im gona play this ***** hard as i can ....

Apart from this being an obvious and fairly common scam,just a word of warning....

I know you're as "ard as nails" and all that,but you seriously do not want to be meeting up with some of these guys.

You may remember the chap in London recently who arranged a meeting to sell his car to a random guy like this,and was met by 3 blokes all of whom were armed with knives.

As I say,I know you would happily shoot 'em all etc etc,but.....

Yeap its the most common scam going for cars atm, be funny to see how long can string them along, get the cheque or whatever sent to different address though.

Yeap its the most common scam going for cars atm, be funny to see how long can string them along, get the cheque or whatever sent to different address though.

A good idea if you do intend to string any of these along.....as I've said,a number of these are the types to pay you a visit,and could easily relieve you of your car even if they do nothing to you personally.

I'd have a bit of fun with him and try and scam him back. Check out this site for inspiration: http://www.419eater.com/

I'd start asking him about leprechauns and go from there...

I'd have a bit of fun with him and try and scam him back. Check out this site for inspiration: http://www.419eater.com/

I'd start asking him about leprechauns and go from there...

You'll notice how careful "shivermetimbers" and all the others are about names and adresses.

Call me paranoid(and I know some will!) but I would never let anyone like this within miles of my house.

For sure. There's no way I'd be using my home address.

The419Eater is full of good advice for would-be baiters,and also has some hilarious threads,even if most are unrepeatable here!

I'd like to meet this scammer and stamp on his head. Hate these scum bags!!!!!! :weight_lift2:

This guy is a nigerian scammer he's trying it on with loads of people ive tracked them down on the net , so ive sent a mail back saying yes im very exited about this ive talked with the girlfriend and she agree's get back to me for detail's

me then replying with ..

address disney land

account number go effin kill yourself you cnut

but much worse will be said i just cant put it on here , cant wait its gona make my day

this guy is a scammer ive trace his ip address its 193.243.131.110 and the guy live's in woodhouse rd in doncaster ive looked in his backgarden to he has trampoline's and a nice house probably all out of fruad the piec of sh&t how do i go about reporting him

Jesus christ mate! You found him.
And you looked in his back yard. Google maps???

I'd send him a few pizzas, minicabs and chinese takeaways first, then I'd pass what you know on to the police.

Only if you're 100% sure he's a baddie though.

That IP address you posted is the IP of Auto Traders mail server... The scammer most likely used the webform to contact you as autotrader does not post personal email addresses on their ads.

Organization: Trader Media Ltd Service Provision Network Host of this IP: [?]: mx0.tradermedia.co.uk

I've sold a few cars privately in the past and made the mistake of allowing potential buyers (and scammers) to contact me via email and I cant remember receiving an email that was not a scam or utterly ludicrous in its suggestion for terms of the sale.

Last time around I made use of the 'Telesafe' option only - I found it the least hassle and the most safe way to make the sale (other than the odd WUM trying to offer you 50% of the sale price). I always try and have a little banter with the interested parties before allowing them to view the car that way you can gauge the personality and to an extent the intent of the potential buyer before arranging a viewing. Most serious buyers would want to view the car before buying (in my opinion).

If I were you I'd remove the ability for people to contact you via email, it'll save you a load of hassle mate - serious buyers will make contact by telephone.

Last edited:
this guy is a scammer ive trace his ip address its 193.243.131.110 and the guy live's in woodhouse rd in doncaster ive looked in his backgarden to he has trampoline's and a nice house probably all out of fruad the piec of sh&t how do i go about reporting him

Excellent work mate!

Now its time to have a bit of fun with him, let us know how it goes