Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: audi warranty

2nd Gear

Status

audi warranty

Whats the best after market warranty for my S3 as its up in march .
    and lister audi quoted Ł700

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Ł700 is a lot of money for a just in case policy, I'd be tempted to just bank the money, all depends on how long you intend to own the car but if Ł700 was their first offer you could no doubt get it cheaper, I would suggest calling the dealers, ask to speak to one of the buisiness managers and ask him for his best offer, before you do this get some info off the net for similar cover, they will usually try and match it especially if they are struggling to hit their quota for financial products that month.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

3rd Gear

Status
    my warranty is also due to expire and i was considering renewal, audi also quoted me around Ł700 which is an awful lot for a year. What other companies offer a good warranty?

Cheers Davie

5th Gear

Status
    Isn't as bad as their warranty for over over 2.0!

3rd Gear

Status
    what were they looking for to cover your 3.2?

Davie

6th Gear

Status
    www.warrantydirect.co.uk seem pretty good

I was quoted about Ł320 on my '04 plate 2.0TDI last year
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Ł1700 i think it was! They put it in the same band as R8, RS4/6 so my service guy said!

Status
    Wow.

The V engine quotes are horrific.

It always makes me wonder where these number come from. It's almost like they don't want you to take it out. Either that, or it gives the impression they have little confidence in their own product.

If you didn't have to fight so hard to get warranty work done with Audi I'd think about it, as I don't think they are massively reliable (not that anything else is any better), but to me I'd rather take my chances, drive within the limit of the car and have allocate a chunk of the money towards aftermarket upgrades to replace wear & tear items that eventually cack it. It wouldn't be so gaulling if you got no claims bonus, or a reduction in year 2 if you didn't use it in year 1, but they just milk it like a cash cow.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

6th Gear

Status
    Agree with Warren, save the money and upgrade when required. If I paid out Ł700 I'd almost wish for something to go wrong !
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edition View Post
    Ł1700 i think it was! They put it in the same band as R8, RS4/6 so my service guy said!
    That is mental!

Yeah Ł700 seems the going rate at the moment for 2.0. I tried to haggle and there was no room for manoevre, whether that be down to margins, or me being crap at haggling I don't know. On reflection, other than clutch issues on mapped cars which is self inflicted, there doesn't seem to be too many inherent problems on the 2.0 TFSi and there are a couple of 60k + cars on here. Never say never, but I may take the putting money aside approach to this. *touch wood*

1st Gear

Status
    anyone know if it's possible to claim of your normal fully-comp insurance if something major happens, say a complete engine failure??

1st Gear

Status
    also, if it helps anyone looking for warranty, just been on http://www.click4warranty.co.uk/ which has quoted from Ł256 per year for a 3.2 v6 '04 plate

Neutral

Status
    On the subject of normal insurance covering mechanical failures, some years ago my wife put water in through the oil filler cap, cracked the cylinder block, and claimed that as it was an accident (putting the water in the wrong hole) the insurance should pay up.

It took a few months of pestering, but in the end they actually paid.