Forge Twintake

c41lum

Reaction score
Is anybody considering the new forge twintake?

having spoken to them they say they have made the changes in order for it to fit the S3 and testing is currently ongoing

Forget it - get an ITG intake instead

The forge twintake makes good gains as does the ITG, i wouldnt have the ITG, although it gives good gains i dont think it looks good, lots of silicone connections and foam making it look cheap. I have the Evoms CAI with modded OEM engine cover and IMO it looks very neat and tidy. Have you considered the VF KO4 Intake, BSH, Evoms or Pipercross CAI's?

Here's the EVOMS in my S3

Photo004G.jpg

Davie

im on the look out for an intake at the moment and had heard the twintake was giving good gains, for me im not too worried about having the engine cover on (would be nice though) im more performance minded

Last edited:
My evoms come yesterday and cant wait to fit it saterday .

is there not an issue with the diameter of the pipe decreasing (looks to step down) just before entering the turbo? im no expert but i would have though a consistant diameter would have been better for flow purposes?

im new to the audi and the tfsi set up so you will have to bare with me, my previous car (astra vxr) was a tad different, what size MAF do these cars use?

There is a big thread review on the ITG on here somewhere, use the search.

The reason I am leaning towards the ITG is based on the reviews on here as well as talking with the guys at REVO. I spoke with them in September and they had the first prototype for their K1 Leon Cupra.

He told me they had the Evoms previously fitted to it and when they were approached to test the ITG intake they did various tests with their software and compared the two intakes.

From memory, the ITG was pulling 10g/s more air than the Evoms which equates to an extra 3-5bhp over the Evoms. ITG apparently put a lot of R&D into the manufacture of this intake and like CJ3BLUE, I am an engineer and appreciate the detail and design of the product.

Oh and I think JonnyC was approached by Forge to test their twintake and if I am right in saying, he was not overly impressed - I might be totally wrong here but correct me if I am.

Last edited:
web.jpg

I'm always a touch surprised (unless you enter your car into concours events), when people say they choose a performance modification for under the bonnet in a car 'because they think it looks better'. The 2.0T engine isn't exactly a work of art, and whilst I'll admit the ITG has an industrial ruggedness about it, I wouldn't say it's ugly.

It's easy to say when you have one, but I like many other Ed30/S3/Cupra owners have switched to the ITG from other aftermarket intakes, and without exception believe this to be the better option of what we have paid out for.

I am looking forward to seeing a Forge unit. They're stuff is normally very good. I wont be buying one as I have a clutch and exhaust to sort out, but to be honest a few BHP over 300 is almost going to feel inconceivably small.

I went for the ITG as Revo had set up their map with it, so I wanted to replicate the operating environment for their map as closely as I could. Remember that whilst a lot of this kit offer improvements IN ISOLATION over OEM components, start mixing them up, and they may not run as you'd expect. I try to ensure my spec list mirrors my code suppliers recommendations (as closely as I can afford at the time), to ensure I get the optimized experience that I am paying for.

Warren have they written new code to account for the ITG intake? I ask as I had mine mapped prior to the production of the ITG and didn't realise the code was optimised for any one CAI.

Warren have they written new code to account for the ITG intake? I ask as I had mine mapped prior to the production of the ITG and didn't realise the code was optimised for any one CAI.

I think the latest version of the code will have been optimised for the ITG, but remember Revo were involved in the test development of the ITG unit for the 2.0T cars, so will have had it literally months before it came on the open market. It may be worth going to your code supplier, asking them to phone Carl at Revo to check the software version on your car, and see if it is the latest one, then if not to get it uploaded.

Will it cost extra to get the new coding? When I had mine done, Revo had the ITG in their Cupra so I suspect I have the latest software to accomodate the ITG?

Revisions don't cost extra, only staged upgrades, but it always helps if you have a good relationship with your tuning company as they wont resent you the time it takes to update it. Code updates are very few and far between, and not something that necessarily happens even annually. It may be optimised, or in cases where the car is just not suitable (e.g the new common rail 170 TDi's) it may even be retracted, but usually any changes as absolutely tiny, so don't expect night and day.

So 23bhp with just a Twintake and no other mods.... that is amazing.

Any RR graphs?

Forge S3 twintake development was done last week ....more news soon ......23 bhp increase on a standard car !!!!!

So that's about 8-10 bhp over the quoted for your single intake CAI for the same car/engine?

I'd be more interested in a direct comparison of your two CAI's.

we will post more info soon

Thanks...when you do,how about a comparison of this Vs the single CAI,on a modified car....something like a Stage 2+ would be useful.

Basically I might be interested if it makes a really worthwhile difference over your original CAI.

Last edited:
If the twintake makes good proven power i would be really interested as i used forge for my catch can and charcoal canister cover and the build quality was brilliant so i know what to expect. So if the twintake comes out at a reasonable price my EVOMS may come up for grabs :)

Twintake on Jonnyc's ED30

DSC05321.jpg

Davie

Last edited:
Well I can confirm that the S3 Forge Twintake is absolutely fantastic :)

It was my S3 which was used for the development and it actually made 26 BHP compared to the OEM intake. I will post up my review and lots more details in a separate thread soon.

Last edited:
Looking at your sig mate does that mean the testing was actually done along with your stage 1 revo? and not on a standard car?

Sorry - bloke that posted on behalf of Forge had some third hand information.
It made 26bhp over the OEM filter on a Revo'd car. Made 298bhp before, 324bhp after. Kristian is going to put it all in a thread.
....and JonnyC was very happy with the twintake on his ED30!

Wowzers - how much is that bad boy gonna set me back??

Thats a real nice looking piece of kit. I had some on the 1.8T New Beetle we used to own :) . I wish Forge would develop some more stuff for the diesel VAG range be great to have a TDI kepping up with these S3's and GTI's ;)