3.2 98RON Fuel

• Thread starter imported_A3dude
  • Start date
I

imported_A3dude

This may of been debated before but does anyone use optimax in their 3.2 , Is it really worth it? The manual does say 98 RON for optimal performance. I occasionally get a stutter on flat out acceleration at 5200RPM in 4th gear, just wondering if this is because i run on 95RON.

Many thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

This subject has been done to death but you MUST use optimax in ALL the engines other than the A3 1.6 special edition(non fsi).
95 RON fuel will cause the ecu to back off the timing and other things within the engine giving poorer performance...

I have used optimax for the last 5 months and loads of everything else before but did not notice any difference in performance.
Just slighty better mpg (marginal really)

The911SC, do you pics of your car?

optimax makes all the difference in my 1.8t, well worth it, just a shame how quicly i get through it.

A recent study carried out on a Ford Focus 1.8 using SuperChips Rollers at their headquarters proved that both Optimax and BP Ultra had no advantage whatsoever. In fact the 95RON fuel produced better performance at all but the highest rev levels.

So for ordinary cars there is no advantage. For turbo cars and FSi type cars which have been tuned to expect 97/98 RON there will be an advantage.