Why does nothing go with lava grey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smudge_don

Reaction score
:crying:

I can't seem to find a solution to my problem

I've got a gorgeous Lava Grey A3, and my new VMR v710 wheels are black at the moment

I think i made a thread on this before :sly: oh well :)

Any ideas for what colours i could have the wheels? Only thing that looks half decent on some shops that i've done are orange and kawasaki green.....but i'm not keen on going lairy

Car:

SDC10130.jpg

Wheels:

SDC10125.jpg

Last edited:
i goty lava grey and i love it. get it lowered and it will make a change. i got silver new rs6 wheels and they look very nice on it. you could also tint windows that would change the look.

Yeah tints and lowering are on the list, but i don't want silver wheels, they're boring!

Want something a bit different but not lairy

Any ideas?

Why not rs4 rims and get the sides of the spokes painted lava grey, my boss as had this done on his E class and it look slick as hell!

Anything other than silver or black will look a bit chavy if you ask me. Coloured rims might be alright on a Scooby or Evo but they do not belong on an Audi.

As you say black don't suit lava so it'll have to be silver. In saying that they are loads of different shades/finishes you could opt for. As I mentioned in another post yesterday how about the gun metal finsih BMW M cars seem to have these days?

Maybe you should get in contact with a decent refurb company like Leepsons and see what they suggest?

Mine go well with lava grey there called black chrome i know there not to everyone taste on here But they look much better in person , I hate hyper silver on audi's i think the colour is so boring that's why i got rid of my rs6 wheel's if i had the money to get some wheel's i wanted for lava grey it would be bbs ck2s...... Pollished wheel's look really nice on lava grey I kinda like american styled audi's like on audizine ...

ck 1

ck 2
221.jpg

M08_3D.JPG

Mine arnt great but i like the chrome look hyper silver i just think is boring ...

AUTOMAINBACK2.jpg

Last edited:
Why not rs4 rims and get the sides of the spokes painted lava grey, my boss as had this done on his E class and it look slick as hell!

Erm, because i don't have an E class, i don't want my car looking "sick as hell" and i've already bought my wheels? :think:

Muhahaha, I've got dark anthracite R32s on my lava grey, goes perfectly :-D

Dark anthracite is my only option i think

Anything other than silver or black will look a bit chavy if you ask me. Coloured rims might be alright on a Scooby or Evo but they do not belong on an Audi.

As you say black don't suit lava so it'll have to be silver. In saying that they are loads of different shades/finishes you could opt for. As I mentioned in another post yesterday how about the gun metal finsih BMW M cars seem to have these days?

Maybe you should get in contact with a decent refurb company like Leepsons and see what they suggest?

The dark chrome finish on BMW's wheels are quite nice....

Dark anthracite dude or bog standard silver but I don't think that's what you personally want to do.

3210Long.jpg

Mine, with gloss black rs6's and just had coilovers fitted before anyone says how ridiculously high it is :)

that is mine with silver rs6 wheels on.

slinecon2.jpg

according to my documents and car papers it is lava grey:)

Ha ha! I think the New RS6 wheeled one is Dolphin except the bumper which looks like Condor grey from TT Q7, looks nice still I'm just jealous.

Lava Grey is lovely, have you considered just fitting the wheels and seeing how it looks, I reckon they'll look bang on tbh! :think:

ive been asking myself this question for the last 2 and a half years smudge, and still havent got any idea what colour to go for.
imo black looks wrong....especially gloss black.
oem silver as you say is boring
anthracite/ gun metal / smoked chrome, dont do it for me either...hard to say why exactly but it looks dull.
the bright colours are too much if you know what i mean and they dont suit audi's.

so back to square 1 for me again. it a shame cause when lava grey has been waxed it looks quality on a sunny day.
have you had a butchers at what your vmr's look like when fitted, put up a pic if u can.
keep us posted on what you decide to do, cause im keen to know what you choose.

only other idea that comes to mind is trying to match the brushed aluminium wing mirrors!!!!!!!

oh yeh .......madluke, from here im 99% sure that yours isnt lava grey....looks more dolphin to me

according to my documents and car papers it is lava grey:)

Hmmm....summin not right there

black /shadow chrome, suits LAVA GREY.....!
attachment.php

Ta, thanks Gazza :)

You shouldn't have bought Lava Grey :laugh:

Hush you

ive been asking myself this question for the last 2 and a half years smudge, and still havent got any idea what colour to go for.
imo black looks wrong....especially gloss black.
oem silver as you say is boring
anthracite/ gun metal / smoked chrome, dont do it for me either...hard to say why exactly but it looks dull.
the bright colours are too much if you know what i mean and they dont suit audi's.

so back to square 1 for me again. it a shame cause when lava grey has been waxed it looks quality on a sunny day.
have you had a butchers at what your vmr's look like when fitted, put up a pic if u can.
keep us posted on what you decide to do, cause im keen to know what you choose.

only other idea that comes to mind is trying to match the brushed aluminium wing mirrors!!!!!!!

oh yeh .......madluke, from here im 99% sure that yours isnt lava grey....looks more dolphin to me

I know your pain :lmfao:

I hate the chrome mirrors, they are going soon, might get them done same colour as the wheels, but it all depends what colour i get :laugh:

No pics of em fitted yet as i want to get the painted before i fit them

Show us a pic of your wheels fitted smudge?

As above mate, looking to get the colour sorted before i fit them, so my guy doesn't have to take tyres off

You may have checked this site out already? but if you havent it might be worth a look for ideas maybe ? http://www.aerocoat.net/

Ta, i'll take a look