Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Should i buy this A3?

Hey guys,
    My dads getting rid of his 2007 sportback 2.0tdi SE auto dsg next month for a new company car.

Its really clean and tidy inside without a mark on it, its got full dealer history and he has never had anything go wrong with it. it has done 90000 miles though but they are all motoway miles.

his company are wanting 9.5k for it. is this a resonable price or should i decline?
    also if its good to get it whats should i look out for with the high miles.

thanks all!

2. # ADS
    ADS

The King of Cannock

Status
    The advatage you have is you know the history of the car I'm doing the same buying my moms car. If it's the spec you want I'd go for it the price dosn't see unfair.

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

Boycie

Status
    Haggle a bit more - it is a company owned vehicle so I am sure they will be able to take a bit more off it.

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Glasses reckon Ł8440 as average condition or Ł7500 as a rough p/ex. Usually company car sales are quite cheap, so I'd be looking at nearer the Ł7500 figure.

Bear in mind in a couple of years it'll have well over 90k on the clock and won't be all that easy to sell. Plus the SE isn't the most sought after spec. You know the history, but don't pay a massive premium for that.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Reverse Gear

Status
    well, its through a company called lex i think. he says they wont budge on the price, they told him its a set price regardless the mileage. surely this cant be right?

Anyone got any ideas on what he could say to them to get the price down a bit.

thanks all!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by taranatar View Post
    well, its through a company called lex i think. he says they wont budge on the price, they told him its a set price regardless the mileage. surely this cant be right?

Anyone got any ideas on what he could say to them to get the price down a bit.

thanks all!
    Lex are a leasing company. Part of the RAC I believe. There are various different types of lease that involve the car being sold off at the end. A lease purchase for example has a final payment set at the beginning of the lease. If it is a lease purchase, then the car can be sold for less than this final figure, but the company would have to basically make up the difference (it's all a bit more involved than that, but hard to type in bite size paragraphs).

At the end of the day, Ł9500 is what they want, but it's not a bargain, so if you don't want the car for Ł9500, and they won't haggle then don't buy it.

If it's worth Ł9500 to you then hey, buy it. But do look on Autotrader to see what else is available for that sort of price.

90K is a lot on a 3 year old car, so do bear that in mind!!!
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

6th Gear

Status
    I agree with these comments especially as there is still the phsycological barrier associated with cars that have passed the 100K mile mark, the car will be worth very little within a relative short time. I'd make them a cheeky offer in writing and keep looking preferably for an S-line to suit your age group. Good luck
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    OfferŁ7k if you really want a car with that mileage but its not worth any more. you would do better to go older and lower miles. no real advantage in buying 2007 if you can find a 2005 with 40-50k on for the same money. as for 9.5k..lol in 10k miles it will be worth Ł 5k

Here ya go....36k 06plate..same money. with lots of nice extra's
    http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=06
    Last edited by paddy; 16th February 2010 at 22:54.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post

Here ya go....36k 06plate..same money. with lots of nice extra's
    http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=06
    but thats a right off........hence the price!

The pricing of A3's is a bit weird sometimes, My 04 TDi S line with 65k is valued at Ł7650 at webuyanycar.com and they are known for offering sod all! I'm thinking I could get 8k all day long for mine!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    but thats a right off........hence the price!

The pricing of A3's is a bit weird sometimes, My 04 TDi S line with 65k is valued at Ł7650 at webuyanycar.com and they are known for offering sod all! I'm thinking I could get 8k all day long for mine!
    Yes, they will value it at Ł7650 on their website and offer Ł6000 when you turn up. They're con artists, so their website means nothing, sorry.

1st Gear

Status
    You could try and track it down at auction.

Check here for Glass' Guide trade in value (you can check any car, not just Vauxhall):

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/pages...rCar/index.jsp

When I was looking for a 2.0TFSI DSG Sportback I reckoned on subtracting 1000 quid for every 10,000 miles and 100 pounds a month from a notional new price of 22 grand; that was for the price from an Audi dealer. Car Giant often have high mileage cars, check with them.
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Whoops !!I missed it being a right off.........where did it say that ?
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.