chris1988brown's 170 s-line

chris1988brown

Reaction score
hi guys just thought id start a thread on my car so you can follow my progress if your intrested lol, its a 2007 a3 s-line 2.0 tdi 170, current mods are light smoke tints all round, s3 look mirrors to be changed soon, milltek dpf delete pipe, milltek cat back, green cotton filter, custoom code remap, gloss black powdercoated wheels and ap coilovers, ive also painted the front fogs and rear bumper apron gloss black, here are some pics of it atm need a gd clean tho lol
exhaustwheelsandcoilovers010.jpg

exhaustwheelsandcoilovers012.jpg

exhaustwheelsandcoilovers009.jpg

exhaustwheelsandcoilovers013.jpg

exhaustwheelsandcoilovers016.jpg

exhaustwheelsandcoilovers021.jpg

cheers chris

also booked into the body shop for a week today:) where i'll be gettin a full respray/ colour change, gloss black wing mirrors, s3 rear diffusor sprayed gloss black, black optics grill and s3 side skirts:) will update with pics once back together

Really liking the look of this, am tempted to get my wheels done black now

Not feeling it if I'm honest, I think its the dark wheels. But I am looking forward to seeing the result of all your plans.

cheers for the comments guys

i'mronburgundy - each to there own mate, should lok better once out of the body shop:)

So what colour are you going for? Or are you keeping schtum?

Nice car, I think Black wheels on a dark car look amazing on the day you wash it and give the tyres a nice sheen, 5 miles later though the tryes start to look Grey and the whole thing is wrecked!!!! Looking forward to the updates! :rockwoot:

It's looking good Chris some good mods mate I am begining to like the black alloys some guys are putting on at the moment, something to think about defo.
I will trade you a go in mine when we meet up in April mate as I am interested to see what the tuned diesels are like?

Keep up the choice mods mate.
Gaz

Looks good! What sort of power is it kicking out with your mods? Have you had a rr done?

Looks great mate! More and more people doing black wheels but its getting a bit of a chavvy mod round my way, there are loads of corsas outside mcdonalds that have have had their original alloys "rattle canned" black.....probably whilst still fitted! so when i see a set, it always reminds me of them!

Solar Orange for the respray? Would look class with black wheels/mirrors

cheers for all the comments guys

gaz m ye mate would love to see how the s3 goes, i asure you tho you will be impressed with how mine goes i am, had a play against my dad the other nite he has a 55 330d and left him for dead and he couldnt beleive how he couldnt get near me lol cant wait for the brakes mate got the cash in my sock draw ready lol

b19ctr, im unsure of the power mate as it hasnt been on the rollers due to jbs telling me you cant roll cars with dsg box's which i think is bull and they just couldnt be bothered tbh, do you know if this is true or not as i realy want it rolling?

lee-r mine are powdercoated mate not rattle can lol i know what your sayin tho but i like black wheels and will go with my plans, solar orange u say :p

hi guys its time for a update, got the car back from the body shop on monday and i love my car so much more now wor k ive had done:

full colour change solar orange
s3 rear diffusor with centre section gloss black
s3 scuff plates
s3 side skirts
gloss black wing mirrors
gloss black grill and surround
gloss black front fogs
gloss black audi badges

ive also lowered the front 1 more thread so sits much more level now

hear are a few pics but gonna get better once with my dslr at the weekend after a good clean these were taken off a iphone and cheap camera lol

all comments welcome
cheers chris

solarorange032.jpg

solarorange033.jpg

solarorange036.jpg

solarorange037.jpg

solarorange012.jpg

solarorange014.jpg

solarorange015.jpg

solarorange016.jpg

solarorange017.jpg

solarorange035.jpg

solarorange038.jpg

Love it! Hat's off for the big changes!

Never a fan of Orange but Black and Orange is a good combo!

NOW I can appreciate the black alloys :icon_thumright:

That looks ace! As said before, black and orange is indeed an excellent combo!

That looks the tits!!

Should have went for a custom colour though mate instead of that orange imo

cheers again, i went for the orange as i love orange i have a strange obsession with it lol and i wanted a genuine audi colour so was amazed whan i came across this, so its prefcet for me and im really happy with it

Hey chris. That looks stunning!!!! Where did you get it done? Please could you pm me some details and cost if you don't mind?

cheers again, i went for the orange as i love orange i have a strange obsession with it lol and i wanted a genuine audi colour so was amazed whan i came across this, so its prefcet for me and im really happy with it

It look damn good Chris! Nothing like satisfaction of fixing up your pride and joy.

Well done! :hi:

absolutely amazing love your car, if mine had lower mileage then I would consider this but think I need to get another 8p A3 and do something like this.

Been looking forward to seeing this, and it was worth it! Chris your car is sexual! :hubbahubba:
The gloss just puts the finishing touches perfectly :wub:

Loving it Chris, very, very nice.
When I finally get my S3 I was thinking of getting the rear diffuser "wrapped" in gloss black, rather than spraying it, but not sure how it would look against Suzuka Grey ? Will have to see.
Love the Audi rings in black as well.

very, very nice indeed, good work!

Glad you went for the subtle sleeper look there Chris, you wouldnt want to stand out in a crowd mate!

Looks good, I have a thing for orange as well mate.

Gaz m

i wish i went for solar when i did my respray, was just lacking in time glad you like it ill be watching your progress

Looks awesome! As much as I couldn't drive an orange car myself, I still think it looks really good, and what an amazing transformation, you must be so chuffed!

I'm looking to get a car (not the S3) resprayed at some point soon, would be grateful if you could share some details of the job?

Props to you Chris - it looks fantastic mate.

Whats next? :p

mate that look the ********!!! kudos to you for having the balls to do that to a 3 year old car!!

looks like a real good job too! well done mate, love your car! :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

That's a real quality effort, Chris. Great transformation and now a really awesome looking car - nice one!