Chris NottBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Ibis - keeping it clean

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about going for an Ibis 2.0tdi 170 Black Edition for my company car. Obviously white paint is a pain to keep clean, especially in this weather, but how do you get over it?

Do you just not worry about it and let it get and stay dirty? Do you clean it weekly? Good wax cover to spray down when you need to?

I do love the look of Ibis and just wonder how all you Ibis owners live with it!

Cheers all,

Rich

2. # ADS
    ADS

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    In the winter, even with a weekly clean, Ibis will still be dirty 6.5 days out of 7!

To get a white car you need to enjoy washing cars.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    tbh every car is like that, mine only stays clean if it gets put in the garage after washing otherwise wind blows stuff on it or salt off the road reverses the whole bloody wash! Grey aint easily kept neither is black, i only think id be washing a white car slightly more in the summer

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    tbh every car is like that, mine only stays clean if it gets put in the garage after washing otherwise wind blows stuff on it or salt off the road reverses the whole bloody wash! Grey aint easily kept neither is black, i only think id be washing a white car slightly more in the summer
    Agreed, my car was spotless earlier this week. After a drive to the Peak District and back, it looks more grey than black now
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    im washing mine weekly atm and just learning to accept that it will be mankey before i return from work on the monday

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies. I think there is a balance with Ibis - have to be ready for it to look dirty (always gonna happen), but also have to be ready to clean it a lot to keep it looking good. On the move even a dirty Ibis looks good though!

How is it with paint getting marked/ scratched/ swirls etc? Easily visible or does the white 'hide' them?

Gievf Buckets

Status
    white hides scratches best period, and the flat colour is easiest for touching up, the only downside to white is a good detail doesnt give the same wow factor as that on a dark or black colour id say the paints pretty bad if youre finding serious swirl on a white. good choice on the black edition looks super sexy

Dec
    2nd Gear

Status
    My girlfriend has a white car (suzuki swift unfortunately, not an A3) and that only gets cleaned when I find the time to do it or when I take it to homebase !

My A3 is black and it looks more white/grey after about a day, so unless you live in a carwash, i think whatever colour you get will be dirty at this time of year!

1st Gear

Status
    This is doing wonders for my confidence! Just need to get over the want to keep it clean and all will be well. Ibis it is!

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    I don't think white is high maintenance at all and i think ibis actually looks good with a few mud splats!

You're worrying about it far too much
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    I don't think white is high maintenance at all and i think ibis actually looks good with a few mud splats!

You're worrying about it far too much
    Agreed. Done deal. Ibis is on the order form!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    pics up when you get it

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    pics up when you get it
    Will do! Now to make the most of my outgoing car as well - will be sad to say bye to my 350Z but have enjoyed it for the past year and a bit.

5th Gear

Status
    i used to wash mine pretty much dailly as i was obsessed with it looking clean all the time

but then it looks awesome when its clean

Last edited by A3simon; 16th February 2010 at 12:51.

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)