Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: Gutted

The Ibis

Status

Gutted

ordered my new car on friday......... but now theres a problem with the finance company due to an unpaid Ł60 that I knew nothing about, hich has been paid now but dont know how to clear my name as to speak, anyone a lawyer? lol

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    So you've been blacked cos of an unpaid sixty quid? Have they refused the deal or just imposed bad terms? I'd be surprised to get a black off a one off unpaid bill, unless they're just been arses of course...

6th Gear

Status
    Just log onto something like Martin lewis web site there's bound to be a section on credit, the item will not be removed though just marked as settled and remains on file for a fixed period, it used to be 5 years. Hope it all gets sorted in time for collection of the new motor.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Gievf Buckets

Status
    if you paid it right away i wouldn't expect it affects your credit rating though im no expert i buy most things in cash, i cant trust my monthly balance to pay my bills if im at the pub lol

The Ibis

Status
    i thinks it was a "computer says no" moment!! They wont explain why and on credit check that I have done is the only thing thats showing as "bad"

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    When you say it was un unpaid item, can you elaborate? Is it a late bill payment, CCJ, default, etc? When was it due, when was it paid?

I know a bit about this, and will try to help if I can - drop me a PM if you'd rather...

Pete
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Pete is right, it's not the amount so much. A Ł60 direct debit that is a month late to your mobile phone company can be explained normally as a one off, but if somebody has filed a court judgement for a Ł60 debt against you, it has a far far worse effect on your credit report, and the only way to get it amended or appeal is if you can prove it was paid on time and recorded incorrectly by the creditor in question.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Maybe its done you a favour ?
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

The Ibis

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Maybe its done you a favour ?
    why's that?

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Paddy is probably suggesting that if you can't keep track of a Ł60 payment then perhaps you shouldn't be taking on a larger debt for car finance. However, just because somebody has missed a payment once does not always suggest they can't afford or manage more debt. Or maybe he's suggesting he doesn't like the car you're buying, either way I'd ignore his quip.

Hope you get it sorted out mate, i've been in a similar situation before in the past when I was surprised to find that a certain well known credit card company were reporting my account information the wrong way around to the credit reference agencies and I didn't pick it up until I got refused a mortgage. My report showed a balance of around Ł5,000 and a limit of Ł257! Mistakes do happen and I recommend to anybody to make regular checks of their own credit reports as all sorts of information can be incorrect.

Good luck!
    Last edited by beanoir; 15th February 2010 at 22:51.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Paddy is probably suggesting that if you can't keep track of a Ł60 payment then perhaps you shouldn't be taking on a larger debt for car finance. However, just because somebody has missed a payment once does not always suggest that can't afford or manage more debt, so i'd ignore the quip.
    I couldn't agree more.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Well im a financial underwriter and use credit referencing agencies on a day-to-day basis.

Anything that you do financially will be on your credit for up to 6 years. This includes:

- Any credit you have or had in the past
    - What your monthly payments were like
    - If it was paid on time, missed, early, resulted in a default
    - Will show of any past CCJs or any current active ones and show which court it is going through
    - Any IVA or bankruptcy in the past 6 years.

Your credit rating is your financial life line. Anything you do to it will effect things. I see people complaining when they say it was not their fault or they forgot. Unfortunately most people do not care about that.

the only way you can modify your credit rating is by contacting the lender or provider who dealt with the issue and prove to them it was a genuine mistake ie Banks fault or their own fault. Otherwise your stuck.

Hope this helps!!

The Ibis

Status
    Thanks cruiser, can I pm you with the details?

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Course...

The Ibis

Status
    Well....... i've sent a letter of appeal requesting that they manually asses my application,gawd knows if it'll make a jot of difference tho.