Titanium black edition wheels on S3 - anyone done this and have pics?

copperband

Reaction score
May sound like an odd question but my GF is just about to take delivery of her new TDi 170 Black edition (company car)and I quite fancy swapping a few of the parts for mine!

I'm pretty sure they are the same size and tyre size so obviously very easy to do but just wondered what it might look like?

Take one off and try it? Sounds obvious but i'd give it a go! lol

It's an option for some of the European countries:

photo002rt.jpg

I have better pictures but not til I get home from work later ....

Last edited:
IMO titanium wheels dont work as well on Sprint as they do on Ibis and Solar.
In fact I reckon these are the BEST colours for titanium/anthracite/black wheels.

Paul

It's probably just me but they don't do it for me, usually I love the RS4 style but anthracite coupled with 18" just seems to make them look smaller, now 19" would look good.

Don't get me wrong I'm quite happy with 18" just not in this style/colour combo, I think the deeper dished VMR ones are far nicer, just goes to show OEM isn't always best :)

That is nice. Would be nicer still if the wing mirrors were tied in the same colour.

And for the win do the grille frame too.

I actually don't like those wheels at all...In the flesh they look small and don't have the same sort of rim as Rs4's or even the vmr reps..Plus I don't understand why you would want wheels which are also on almost all new A3's you see these days i.e. black edition..I mean you got an S3, have S3 wheels or better..But not oem wheels off a lower model! I know the new black edition S3 will have them too but like I'm not a fan...Before I get abuse back, just my opinion guys, dont flame me! :D

They just like they need a wash. Not for me, Silver please.