Lamin-X question for S3 headlights

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

Very quick and simple question as searching hasn't gleaned anything answering my specific question.

With annual bonus approaching I'm planning a few tweaks for the S3, nothing exciting, but mainly finishing off tidying up a few loose ends.

One of the things I want to add is Light smoke Lamin-X to the headlights as 2 cars I saw running it at Audi Driver this year looked decidedly better front on.

Question are these:

1) What size sheet of Lamin-X did you buy to Lamin-X your headlights on your S3 8P2?
2) Was measuring accurate enough, or would you have gone for more knowing what you know after fitting it?
3) Did you also do your front fogs?

Many thanks in advance,

Warren

Warren, why not get the pre-cut lamin-x from the states?

Might be a tad more expensive but i wouldn't want to fudge about with trimming it myself

I was also going to suggest the states too. Price-wise I beleive there isn't much in it at all.

Someone on here recently had an issue with the Lamin-X film blistering on the fogs. Went a crappy brown colour too IIRC.

I was also going to suggest the states too. Price-wise I beleive there isn't much in it at all.

Someone on here recently had an issue with the Lamin-X film blistering on the fogs. Went a crappy brown colour too IIRC.

Only coz he used them as DRL's the fool!

Genius. Thanks all, ordered!

Yep was gonna say get them pre-cut as your car is pre-facelift..saVe yourself the hassle...I have just done mine on a facelift S3 and lets just say it was abit of a headache!

Tint prob's the best to get? I'm a bit scared it'l look too dark on my yellow a3

quick photoshop what do you guys think?
76923891.jpg

Good, think it works well