Just a quick one???

smythey1

Reaction score
Iv got a 06plate a3 sports 3door... if i was wanting to change the bumper to a 09 plate s-line one would i be able to and how hard would it be ?? also would i only need the rear defuser to make the s3 one or would i need the two bottem bits ?? thanks you guys :) xx

Your talking a fair bit of wedge as you'd need wings, bonnet, new cross member, new headlights, new grill, bumper etcetc as its not same as 03-08 wings etc.

You could mod the s3 valance on as I did an sline onto a sport upper with some cable ties, stanley cuts into the plastic to get it to bend round to shape as sport upper is different to sline/s3, nothings impossible, just time, effort & money.

Can be done, but expensive.

Assumption by me, oops, not hard tbh, could get a sline upper cheaply on ebay which would then allow the s3 valance to fit, not a hard job overall.

would i have to buy two parts or just the defuser ?? does the rear bumper come in 3sections or 2 ?? thanks

Just the defuser if you already have an s-line rear bumper,the bumpers are in 2 parts

Just the defuser if you already have an s-line rear bumper,the bumpers are in 2 parts

you sure its 2 parts?, cause i brought a complete s3 bumper last week, and the defuser is 1 part, i thought that the grey bit comes off, but it dont,(well its 2 parts ie, the defuser and the tow eye cover) is that what you mean by 2 bits?

you sure its 2 parts?, cause i brought a complete s3 bumper last week, and the defuser is 1 part, i thought that the grey bit comes off, but it dont,(well its 2 parts ie, the defuser and the tow eye cover) is that what you mean by 2 bits?

You sure? I'm 100% they come apart, there are 2 part numbers and N8 was selling the grey bit on its own! Also there have been posts on here from S3 owners upgrading 07 to 09 diffuser so it must be 2 pieces! I'm confused now :)

i thought the same too untill i got my bumper, the lower bit is one piece, the grey bit dont come apart

Think the 09 S3 valance is 2 parts, shows 2 in ETKA I just checked.

just checked the part numbers on the diffuser, its 100% 1 piece apart from the tow eye cover, the part number for the diffuser is 8p3 807 521 s and the tow eye cover is 8p3 807 441 b, the GREY bit on the diffuser is NOT a sperate piece, its just sparyed on,

If thats the case then how do ou explain this pic? Not saying your wrong but this is why I think they are 2 pieces!

20.jpg

Aha bistro that pics helped me to see if I can mod an S3 valance for my hidden towbar, might be possible urrmmmm & as said etka shows 2 parts & it is 2 parts as pic shows.

The rear bumpers are now getting more and more confusing.

S3 Before the facelift rear bumper came out the bumper was in two parts (the top part of the bumper and the lower part, the platinum grey part is part of the lower part)

The facelift bumper S3 is now is three parts, the upper is seperate as before but the lower section is now in two parts the platinum grey section now clips into the lower part.

The facelift lower section and diffuser is compatible with the older top section.

If you have parking sensors and are fitting a new top section you need to remember the new parking sensors are now smaller so your original sensors will not fit in the holes. If you change to the new sensor your existing plugs wll not fit. There are a couple of options 1. Drill out the holes bigger and use the existing brackets from your old bumper or change the plugs to suit the new sensors.

yep your right matt, cause i got the s3 rear bumper next to me and the bottom section is a whole 1 piece,

I meant the whole rear bumper is only 2 pieces,the diffuser is one piece and the bumper it clips on to been the other,normally the s-line and S bumpers are the same apart from the skirt/diffuser,thats why i said " you only need the diffuser if you already have the s-line bumper"

Uh no its not 2 pieces though is it, thats the whole point, its 3, top part which is the main piece, the lower valance part & then the insert piece, where as the older prefacelift version was a 2 peice, but as the guy is asking about 09 its 3 parts.