New member asking about the 2.0 tdi options.

paul_r

Reaction score
Firstly hi to everyone.
My question.

I'd like an A3 2.0 tdi and i usually buy from the main dealer. I'd also like 17 inch alloys and leather. The problem is finding one at the right price. One option is to buy a standard 2.0 tdi, then look for some alloys and leather secondhand. How simple would that be to do. Is the leather interior on an A3 just a change of seats, or is it the door cards as well. Is it a straightforward swap, or would you hold out for the right model.

Thoughts please.

Hey up Paul,

I assume you're buying used as you've mentioned price. Most models out there that have leather will be sport or S-Line so will have 17's or 18's already, some SE's were fitted with leather but are few and far between, if you get one you could simply buy some OEM 17's for it, loads out there.

Retro fit leather is an option (don't do aftermarket ones, Iworked in the motortrade for 10+ years and tried re trims several times for customers and it rarely worked out well), buying used seats will be 4 door cards and all seats (check classifieds on the site or ebay), you could do this at home but bear in mind side airbags and seatbelt pre tensioners etc. Do you really want leather, cold in winter and too hot in summer.....

Good luck finding the right spec!

P.S. If you find half leather half alcantara that is a lovely trim and the best of both worlds.

Yes used.
I take your advice about aftermarket, and retro-fit can be expensive. My present car (BMW) is basic spec, this time i'd like something a bit sportier.

Just keep searching and there's bound to be something out there. Bung a post up of what you buy and you'll be flooded with good options on what you can do to bring it up to standard. Suspension and wheels then all the other bits to try! Good luck mate.