Euro Tail Light Help

BDI

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a US Spec 2010 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus/Ti. A few months ago I put the Euro Tail Lights. Problem: Brake lights(2 bulbs inside the LED) and Amber Light blink when the signal is on. Also when I apply the brake the Amber light turns on as well.

I tried using a Vag Com tool but there is no info available for the longcode helper on that model.

Does any one have a clue what changes must be made with in the Central Electronics part in Vag Com. Thanks in advance!!!

TCardio has this same question posted.

by the way, i'm ASSUMING that you're in the US, but it's not obvious from your post... and you haven't put that info in your profile. -It's pertinent info which might help.

I'll be intereted in buying your old US LED tails though, if you still have 'em...

Flying to the Uk for a few days tomorrow, but if you want to sell them in the US, let me know.

Keith

I don't want to sell the tails until I can get the Euro ones to work correctly. I will definitely let you know tho!!! Thanks for the heads up. Just updated my profile. :thumbsup:

Just out of interest, what's the difference between them?

Yeah as far as I know, that's why I wonder why he wants the Euro lights.

Presumably he likes the idea of indicators at the rear separate from the driving lights. I assume this is perfectly legal in the US, but combined rear indicators and driving lights certainly aren't legal here in the UK (and probably the rest of the EU).

Last edited:
Presumably he likes the idea of indicators at the rear separate from the driving lights. I assume this is perfectly legal in the US, but combined rear indicators and driving lights certainly aren't legal here in the UK (and probably the rest of the EU).

The rear just looks cleaner with the clear strip(euro indicator). It's definitely not legal here either to have both red and amber lights blinking when the turn indicator is on. Also not legal to have an amber light act as a brake light.

It's annoying me so much. I really would like them separate but I don't have the coding. Please help!