JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Audi-sports own special child.

Status

Some help please!!!

Evening ladies and gents, hope your all ok.
    Never think it's my irst time on the 8P part of ASN, always on the 8L part lol, anyway.

The folks have a A3 2.0T with the sline pack, really nice car but they have a problem with it.

Ever since they bought it there has been a whering type noise from the back, had it looked at many a time and nothing every came back, until now.
    My mum got a flat this morning on one of the back tyres, so took it off to go have it repaired but i noticed that the inside of the tyre was worn away, it's been rubbing on the rear.
    There currently running the 5 spoke rs6 type alloys that i (that the name for them lol) the alloys are ET46 18X8J, now are these correct or not?

Thanks for reading the mini essay haha.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

2. # ADS
    ADS

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Fitment sounds perfect. Are you sure it was rubbing? Far more likely to be an alignment issue.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

6th Gear

Status
    what size were the tyres? You dont have a pic of the wear?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Status
    Does it! Could be that the 4 wheel alignment is out, going in tomorrow to be checked.

No pics sorry.

Tyres are 225/40/18

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Does it! Could be that the 4 wheel alignment is out, going in tomorrow to be checked.

No pics sorry.

Tyres are 225/40/18
    Right tyres. Right wheels. Excessive wear on the inside does suggest camber issues.

I had my inside fronts down to the metal, whilst looking fine on the outside. I only noticed after parking whilst on full lock. At first glance it did look like rubbing, but was definitely just uneven wear.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Status
    Thanks mate, so is more than likely the camber been out then. Hopefully tomorrow will tell.