Can anyone look up some parts prices for me?

VWAddict

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to be over in Blighty for a few days, and I wanted to see if the parts to do the RNS-E antenna upgrade are any cheaper over there than they are over here... But I'll need to know in ADVANCE of geting there, so that the dealer can order them in for me, if you know what I mean.

Here' s the parts:
000 098 652A 1.5m female to female Fakra cable ( $48.75 over here)
000 098 692 30 cm male to male Fakra adaptor (also $48.75 over here)
8P4 035 225B Upper antenna amp ($71.40)
1C0 973 119B Three pin connector housing x2 ($10.56 each)
000 979 009 Repair wires x3 ($4.79 each)

I was sure that the prices in the UK were better than that... even allowing for the exchange rate, of course.

I'd be very grateful if someone here can look up the £ sterling prices for me.

Cheers,

Keith

I think you will find that the only people in the UK who have access to the parts catalogue with prices are Audi dealers. If you let me know which area of the UK you will be visiting I can find out the email address of the nearest dealer and you could email them before you arrive. Sent me a PM if you prefer - that way I will miss your reply!

Keith just ask Dave at stoke audi on here, then again I could ask my parts guys if you're interested in me getting for you & sending over.

Hi all, thanks for the replies to date;

I'm headed to Liverpool, so Audi of Liverpool is the only dealer in town, I think.

I did look at the Audi website and tried to send a link through the 'contact us' part of the site, but I got a message saying that they will only respond to email mesages sent from WITHIN the UK... something about selling across borders is what I'm guessing, (and protecting their -what I suspect are quite larcenous- mark-ups on US parts!)

My only other option would be to have my mum ask, but two things make me want to not do that: firstly she's got a habit of mis-writing down numbers, and secondly the reason that I'm heading over there is for my aunt's funeral... so the old girl's not in the most focused mood at the moment, and I'm not keen to put upon her further.

Nigel or Dave, if either of you could look up the retail prices and if they're lower by a worthwhile amount,then I reckon that those things are tiny and light enough to be worth me ordering ahead of time and picking up from the Audi dealership in Liverpool.

...or if anyone has Dave at Stoke Audi's screen name for me to contact, I could do that too.

Cheers,

Keith

Just goto the stoke audi section mate as they're sponsors & post a query there & he usually responds fairly quickly, alternatively just ring your local audi to where your mum is mate & give part numbers over the dog, they will email you then for sure.

Hi all,

I'm going to be over in Blighty for a few days, and I wanted to see if the parts to do the RNS-E antenna upgrade are any cheaper over there than they are over here... But I'll need to know in ADVANCE of geting there, so that the dealer can order them in for me, if you know what I mean.

Here' s the parts:
000 098 652A 1.5m female to female Fakra cable ( $48.75 over here)
000 098 692 30 cm male to male Fakra adaptor (also $48.75 over here)
8P4 035 225B Upper antenna amp ($71.40)
1C0 973 119B Three pin connector housing x2 ($10.56 each)
000 979 009 Repair wires x3 ($4.79 each)

I was sure that the prices in the UK were better than that... even allowing for the exchange rate, of course.

I'd be very grateful if someone here can look up the £ sterling prices for me.

Cheers,

Keith

Hello Keith

Just spoken to my local dealer parts department and here are the UK prices. All with be subject to 17.5%VAT of course.

000 098 652A 1.5m female to female Fakra cable ( $48.75 over here) - £11.97
000 098 692 30 cm male to male Fakra adaptor (also $48.75 over here) - £12.79
8P4 035 225B Upper antenna amp ($71.40) - £16.87
1C0 973 119B Three pin connector housing x2 ($10.56 each) - £1.64
000 979 009 Repair wires x3 ($4.79 each) - this number has been superseded and replaced the the same number but with an E on the end - £1.66

So for once the UK prices are considerable cheaper than the US prices. Hope this helps. Have a good trip and enjoy your real cups of tea!!