How many miles does your A3 have? (and any problems along the way)

a3glenn

6th gear
Reaction score
just thought it would be interesting to know how many miles peoples A3's and if you have had any trouble.

mine is a 53 plate 2l tdi (140bhp) with 127000 on the clock, would have to say it still drives like a new car.

faults i have had in the last year and a half that i have owned it

EGR Valve
Wheel Bearing

am well happy with that, these audis a so good :)

I've only had my car since Dec so don't know the true problems! It has already been a money pit getting it serviced and repaired!:laugh:

It's on 91,000 miles (FASH) and so far I've had to sort out the N/S drive shaft (poor previous repair/maintenance, came off on the M6!:scared2:) and now the DV has a boost leak since dropping in a K&N filter. The previous owner knew nothing about cars (his own words! And it showed!!).

He had it remapped (didn't know to what BHP either, he said around 250BHP?) but hadn't changed the DV to the new upgraded 'D' type so that's why it's failing now!:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm being too harsh on the guy, if you don't know, you don't know do you!

Sorting that out this week, it should hopefully go like a bullet after that!

Apart from those small issues (although expensive!) it drives great, very solid, doesn't feel like it's done that many miles and will still have loads left to give yet:icon_thumright:

Rog

Last edited:
Had my car since new, on about 28k now, only problems I've had was a flat battery, 7/8 times, but covered under warranty, so its all good!

07/07 2.0 TDi S-line Sportback I bought it two years ago with 13k and I've now done 70k. It's had clutch and flywheel at 48k

1.6 a3 sport 60k now at 40 the front wiper motor packed in and the two abs rings on the rear hubs broke down, nothing major other than that

Owned for one year, driven 7k miles, Total car mileage 40k miles.....

Since I've owned - engine mounts (cost £150 - Audi did work for parts only cost)
Before I owned - exhaust, coilpacks, wash/wiper system.

Annoying things - aircon keeps crashing, i.e. getting stuck on temp/air speed, no response from button presses.

Servicing/Maintenance - Cambelt change, brake fluid change, Major service. Total cost approx. £650.

Repairs in the pipeline - VAGCOM is reporting there is a fault with the fuel pressure sensor and some other sensor (can't remember).

So the amount I've shelled out on repairs/maintenance in one year is about £800.
Which is about £66 per month....
which is about £15 per week...
which is about £2 per day.