What's the ride like with fitting H&R lowering springs 25ml?

tmcentee525

Reaction score
Whats the ride like with fitting H&R lowering springs 25ml?

cheers

With my S3 it is near enough the same as standard, the springs are progresive so they stiffen up if your cornering hard etc

Davie

nope not running spacers at the moment, something i might look into.

Davie

The ride is alright, but not as good as coilovers.

I cant imagine coilovers being as comfortable a ride as the OEM dampers, coilovers are always going to be firmer even on there softest damping setting. Iv always thought coilovers were for people looking to go mega low or a track enthuasiast, not someone who uses there car to nip around town and commute to work lol

Davie

I have the 35mm H&Rs and the ride is good. Progressive, like Davie says. Almost feel softer than my SE springs under normal driving, but that 'semi-softness' gets firmer quickly.
Cornering and turn-in is MUCH better than stock

Ride is very good.
Very slightly stiffer than OEM but not certainly not a `hard` ride.
Just MUCH better all round.

cheers
Paul

As mentioned the H&R springs are very similar to the standard ride quality, just better handling. Coilovers will definitely be stiffer again over the standard ride.

Damian @ DPM Performance

damian - how much will you supply a set of H&R springs and front and rear anti roll bars for?

I cant imagine coilovers being as comfortable a ride as the OEM dampers, coilovers are always going to be firmer even on there softest damping setting. Iv always thought coilovers were for people looking to go mega low or a track enthuasiast, not someone who uses there car to nip around town and commute to work lol

Davie

My coilovers on softest setting were bouncey as hell, so deffo more comfy over standard oem setup, but now on half way hard, they are just perfect man, if you were local I'd take you out in mine..