Monster MotorsportBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Damaged Paint: Need Advice (My Fault)

Hi guys/gals

Your advice would be greatly appreciated...

Ive done something I've never done before and aside from feeling extremely stupid im a little concerned about what ive done to my cars paint work. Ive never hit about car in the 8 years ive been driving and its really caught me off guard, feeling like the biggest plonker EVER

I was backing of my drive way during the week (on my way to the doctors, so head is in a shed) and i lightly bumped into a landscape gardeners transit van. Its was my fault despite his inconciderate parking and im prepared to take the damage on the chin and pay up for the damage (funnily enough not damage to the transit and no one was in the van at the time) So im gonna have to pay for the damage to my car.

At first i though it was just a scuff on the bumper but after washing the car this weekend and attempting to repair the damage myself (Ive fixed the scuff with Meguires Scratch-X) ive notice a strange crack in the paint.

I can only assume that as the rear bumper has flexed the paint has cracked! The damage is about 10-15cm long and is a very fine line of tiny little cracks.

My questions are: Is this BAD damage? How much is it likely to cost to cost? Will the car need blending as its just the plastic bumper? and should i really be getting this work done through audi concidering the car is only a month old.

Quick Pic:

Many thanks from a rather embarrassed new car owner.
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    you'll need a respray in the area where the damage is, i would say you are looking at 150 for a pukka job.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
    you'll need a respray in the area where the damage is, i would say you are looking at 150 for a pukka job.
    Crap... i thought that would be the case. To be honest its not the money im bothered about, but rather the quality of the match. Should i be going through Audi?
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor

2nd Gear

Status
    i had a scuff done on my ibis white bumper and i cant see any colour differnce in the front corner that was painted it cast 80 and im so fussy .
    i was even on my hands and knees looking for over spray but nothing at all .

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsws3 View Post
    i had a scuff done on my ibis white bumper and i cant see any colour differnce in the front corner that was painted it cast 80 and im so fussy .
    i was even on my hands and knees looking for over spray but nothing at all .
    Who did you use? and in what area are you. As ive said im no too worried by the cost but rather the quality of the job.

I guess my quesion is does any body know a excellent body shop in the Cheshire Area (Warrington)?

2nd Gear

Status
    i used car clinic in coleshill in the west midlands .
    i think they are mobile as well .

1st Gear

Status
    There's no need to go to Audi as they will only sub the work out to their authorised paint shop. Better to find a good local one that comes with a good reputation. I had a massive gouge in my bumper filled and the whole panel repainted for 300

1st Gear

Status
    I think im gonna go with a mates recommended body shop. My mates parents own a small prestege car sales company and he's has recommended the guy they use. I guess only time will tell.

3rd Gear

Status
    Mate, put a discreet GB sticker on it.. and tell everyone you've driven to the south of france in your new car! 5 quid in halfords. Job Done.
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...