EM TuningAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Neutral

Status

Coilovers installed + S3 mirrorcaps!

Installed the coilovers yesterday.. front is @ its lowest at 70mm and rear is at 60mm..
    + installed the alu S3 mirrorcaps... wich completely transforms the car...

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    looking good mate are those wheels 19's
    8P S3

The King of Cannock

Status
    Looking good what coilovers did you go for?

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

Neutral

Status
    Yep those are 19s.... ive ditched the Eibach sport springs with the S-line shockers... ride was very bumpy... installed the new VMaxx Extreme coilovers and the ride is good... and less bumpy than with the eibachs... Vmaxx extreme are on the hardest setting

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Eibach Pro with Koni FSD shocks removed all the fair ground ride for me, no more bouncy castle & rides at a nice height, not to low or high & very comfortable aswell.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looks great. Where did you get the S3 19's from and how much?

1st Gear

Status
    Very Nice, cars looking Great

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Yep - I'm liking that.

19" S3 rims look great.

Good work!
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    arent they s8 19"?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    arent they s8 19"?
    They look like replicas, the A8 ones are rare to find in oem spec. A8/S3 is the same design anyway so just one size bigger.

The reps tend to be ET42 unlike all the others which are 45. This is just inbetween the size needed for the A8/S3 so the makers kill 2 birds with one stone by using ET42, thats why they fill the arch so well on th A3 platform.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

1st Gear

Status
    Lovely looking car friend as said completly transformed

nice one!
    A3 8P Facelift front, Optics grille, 09 rearlights, votex rear spoiler, Bluefin Phillips xtreme bulbs, Weitec GT Coilovers, 19" VMR Wheels Looking for dsg fbmfsw

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks great!
    Those wheels, are they ET42? If so, what width are they? and what size rubber have you got on there?
    Thanks

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Like this alot, very nice, if you came down a little lower, you would kill it

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    THx guys... wheels are 8.5J all around with 215/35/19

Coilovers are in front on the lowest setting on HARD
    Rears i first removed the adjustment ring that way the car will be lowered an extra 1.5/2.0 cm... this was a little to low.. so back in came the ring, rear is now lowered @ around 55/60mm and also on the hardest setting..

Only thing i removed is the small screw in the middle of the front wheelarch, it rubbed a very little there.. now its removed and no more rubbing..

3rd Gear

Status
    stunning mate, like that alot

MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

MY PROGRESS THREAD

1st Gear

Status
    That looks awesome, perfect height.

1st Gear

Status
    I keep thinking its just them yellow front plates, but it really isn't. You're car is

Neutral

Status
    THankyou guys....

so what to do next??????? any tips ? suggestions? debadge the rear? loos the rear wiper? what?

6th Gear

Status
    Is the car black or Grey?? Some shots look black and others appear to be grey.

Neutral

Status
    Cars LAVA GREY...

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckedm View Post
    THankyou guys....

so what to do next??????? any tips ? suggestions? debadge the rear? loos the rear wiper? what?
    Maybe some light tint lamin-x and a flat bottom steering wheel but apart from that nothing mate. Looks sweet.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

Neutral

Status
    Well.... time for some updates.

One thing i always hated were small brakes behind big wheels........ so time for some serious brakes
    Orginally kit from the T T RS, with Brembo 4 pots and 375mm discs... (huge discs)
    I didnt like the black oem calipers so i painted them glossy black with red Brembo decals.....

the calipers might look small but to be honest ..theyre quite BIG with their total length of 28.5 cms..

I also had a pair of Brembo 6 pot monoblocks laying around from a Cayenne and theyre the big calipers (18Z instead of 17Z) these babies are some serious fckers..... and im gonna give them a complete rehaul and maybe install them instead of the 4 pots...

gonna install the brakes this weekend, Cayenne calipers fitting is for later on this season.

Also had this laying around for quite some time now..

BOSE lilluminated alu thing for the dash, and as said before its lighted and goes 100% the same as with the oem dashlights
    the BOSE loudspeakercaps are also illuminated in red.... will look quite nice with the interior.

Will post some pics next weekend.

just a couple of random shots

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

The Cayenne brakes are POO. Heavy and they under perform, have 3 years of experience with them on my cousins TT, he recently sold them for Carrera GT 6 pots..

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    N8, its primarily for looks mate.... the cars gets driven like a pussy... ive had my time of serious driving in my supercharged 500+ bhp M3 and M5....

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Thats ok then, get pics up when the brakes are on...

Phantom black S3/

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    The Cayenne brakes are POO. Heavy and they under perform, have 3 years of experience with them on my cousins TT, he recently sold them for Carrera GT 6 pots..
    Heavy??I think your not thinking about the same brakes... I just bought this ( but dont think they are from a Cayenne, what do you think, they are from a Carrera GT2, how can I be sure? and they are less than half of the weight of the OEM S3 callipers...
    Phantom Black S3/ APR stg 2+ / Forge CAI / APR HPFP / Miltek TBE / Forge DV / Forge Catch Tank / Forge T. body / VF Engine mounts / ECS EM / KW V3 / 19" BBS CH "Black" / 18" Team Dynamics Motorsort / Denso Iridium IK24 / Forge Twincooler / Helix Race Clutch + Flywheel / H&R ARBs / JVC Multimedia + TV Tuner / Kicker sound system over 3,000W RMS / TT-RS Steering wheel / Whiteline Anti-lift kit / Brembo Porsche GT2 BBK / soon: RECARO POLE POSITION SEATS,

2nd Gear

Status
    Like the look of the bose illuminated emblem.... could you pass on some more details ?
    Porsche 996TT
    A3 Sportback, 2.0 TDI, 170bhp S-Tronic
    S3 SB BE, Suzuka Grey -Sold

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    cheers Paddy
    Porsche 996TT
    A3 Sportback, 2.0 TDI, 170bhp S-Tronic
    S3 SB BE, Suzuka Grey -Sold

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
    Heavy??I think your not thinking about the same brakes... I just bought this ( but dont think they are from a Cayenne, what do you think, they are from a Carrera GT2, how can I be sure? and they are less than half of the weight of the OEM S3 callipers...
    The brakes in the ECS Stage 5 kit are actually Touraeg Calipers, but same as the Q7/Cayenne.

They are VERY HEAVY and as I said they under perform. My cousin has just switched to Carrera GT 6 pot calipers, I'm yet to test them out, but they should be much better....
    Last edited by N8; 17th March 2010 at 12:39.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by willmac View Post
    Like the look of the bose illuminated emblem.... could you pass on some more details ?
    Wasn't it Marc Quinny who did a how to on that?

6th Gear

Status

Neutral

Status
    the Cayenne 6 pots heavy????????? (Brembo monoblocks) you gotta be kidding me..... without the pads those things are LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! ive had some serious brakes in my life, and the 6 pots monoblocks are very light..

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

The Stage 5 calipers my cousin had were heavy

Phantom black S3/

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckedm View Post
    the Cayenne 6 pots heavy????????? (Brembo monoblocks) you gotta be kidding me..... without the pads those things are LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! ive had some serious brakes in my life, and the 6 pots monoblocks are very light..
    Thats what I think, I have them and they are the lightest callipers I ever saw... as I said they are 3 times lighter than my OEM S3... so obviesly we are not talking about the same callipers...
    Phantom Black S3/ APR stg 2+ / Forge CAI / APR HPFP / Miltek TBE / Forge DV / Forge Catch Tank / Forge T. body / VF Engine mounts / ECS EM / KW V3 / 19" BBS CH "Black" / 18" Team Dynamics Motorsort / Denso Iridium IK24 / Forge Twincooler / Helix Race Clutch + Flywheel / H&R ARBs / JVC Multimedia + TV Tuner / Kicker sound system over 3,000W RMS / TT-RS Steering wheel / Whiteline Anti-lift kit / Brembo Porsche GT2 BBK / soon: RECARO POLE POSITION SEATS,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Obviously....

A3TDI

Status
    love it mate! sits so well on them 19's! where did you get the coilovers from? is the ride very harsh?
    Audi A3 2.0Tdi Sport - Personalised Plate, 19" RS6 Wheels, Smoked Rear Lights, Tinted Windows, S3 Rear Bumper, Westfalia Detatchable Towbar, Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust System, Hybrid Turbo, BMC CDA Forced Induction, 345mm Front Brake Upgrade, 310mm Rear Brake Upgrade, EGR Bypass, Custom Stage 2 Remap, Cruise Control, De-Wipered, Bose Speakers, S3 Mirrors, S3 Side Skirts, S3 Boot Spoiler...

Neutral

Status
    Heya guys,

ride is not harsh.. is very good...

ive installed the brakes, but the master cylinder cant cope with the big fckers... so ill have to get me a better master brake cylinder.... they look ACE!

Also picked up my new wheels for th A3.... Porsche 997 Turbos...

pics next week when the wheels are on.. and offcourse with the new babybrakes

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I've had no problems with my master cyclinder with my 4 pot R8 brakes, and my S3 rears, weird that!

Neutral

Status
    Nate, ive send you an pm

weve bled the brakes like 5 times... 3 times with the powerbleeder from the garage.. en 2 times the oldskool pump on the pedal way... still a very soft pedal when driving and i have to really press them to the max to brake good.
    did i do something wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast