S3 sportback side skirts install instructions?

emeraldA3guy

Reaction score
DOes anyone have installation instructions for the S3 skirts for the sportback?

do i need to drill holes on the bottom of the car to fit the skirts?

No, I read that you just bond the underside with a bonding sealant . I have skirts to fit myself but i'm waiting till its a bit warmer.

I`ve heard they are a lot of work and big cost

I got some instructions, in a pdf somewhere but they are in german.
Will look them up for you

I had Votex sideskirts put on my Sportback, cost me £150 for spraying and fitting.

I had Votex sideskirts put on my Sportback, cost me £150 for spraying and fitting.

Do you remember how much the skirts cost?
I had the full Votex kit on my last A3 but just need skirts on this as it has the S-Line kit, skirts will finish it off nocely

I bought the screws for the kit also need to know where that goes?

i would just bond them on mate much quiker and easier, plus you dont wanna drill your sills and risk them gettin water in them causing rust. i'll be bonding my s3 skirts

Since the weather was nice, I took the chance to test fit mine. You need to heat the scuff plate & rear quarter to soften the glue & then gently pull off. The door trim has 2 screws & then you slide the trim towards the rear of the car. The caps on the wings have a plastic spring clip in behind them so you need to remove the arch liner a bit to get in to the back of it & then squeeze the tabs together to remove.

P2200173-1.jpg

P2200172.jpg

Colour match isn't great :)

So do you remove the origional plastic part from the bottom of the doors and the rear wing and replace the door ones with new parts supplied?

Colour match isn't great :)

So do you remove the origional plastic part from the bottom of the doors and the rear wing and replace the door ones with new parts supplied?

yes, as I said above, you remove the rear quarter trim by heating the glue and pulling off. Same with the sill scuff trim (even heating it still ruined in my case LOL). The door trim unscews & slides towards the back of the car. The front cap is unclipped from in behind the wing so you need to remove the wheel arch trim liner.

Khufu: Great job mate!:hubbahubba:

Please, can you upload some pictures of the whole car? Do you have the S3 Kit installed? (I mean front and rear bumper also) I am looking for pictures of an A3 with Sline kit plus S3 side skirts installed to check the height diference from floor beetwen bumper and side skirts.

I have an A3 sportback restyling.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: