S3 Remap?

rhys084

Reaction score
I pick my new (to me) 09 plate S3 up in two weeks and am keen to get it mapped.

Just wondering what everyone's experiences are if you've had yours mapped?

Got GIAC software on mine with flashloader to switch between Stock,Valet and Pump..........Brilliant !!
Star performance in Kirkcaldy ....highly recommended !!

Spend a month or so with it being stock power so you can appreciate it when you get it ;)

Have a look at my post of my stage 1 revo and pipercross filter .
but im going stage 2+ in two weeks time when my exhaust turns up .
and im unsure to keep to revo .
so im going to ring them monday to she why it only made 287.5

lve got GIAC from Kirkcadly as well. l will be going REVO later this year.

dyno lottery ? and on the morning a 2.0 td made 181bhp

lottery. my car put out 323bhp at star and only 300 at another rr.

Oh right i think ill do another rr after stage 2+ and hope it pulls 340+ if not i might change the soft ware and see what it comes out at

I heard that a blip on the brakes on a power down bumps the figure...like I said dyno lottery,you need a base figure with all the same factors in setting it up and running it.

Yes, I have his software on my A3, and my cousin with TT 8N Big Turbo GT28-60 is having his mapped at the moment. PM 'Biscuits' on here, he has a S3 8P with SP software and see what he thinks...

I don't understand why i don't hear P Torque mentioned more on this forum!! Will Spooner done my stage 1 and my custom map around the Milltek and he is an absolute genius i think.

He has totally transformed my car ( old car:bye:). And if you get to know him i don't think he will be beaten on price either.

I vote Performance Torque :icon_thumright:

who is this p torqe mate is he one here .

Google him mate, I know a few on here have used him with good success as well

lve got GIAC from Kirkcadly as well. l will be going REVO later this year.

I thought REVO & GIAC made similar power? I have REVO installed on my S3 and i love it, i went with REVO as Drivers in Glasgow are REVO dealers so saved me the journey to Star to get a remap that would make similar power. I have heard good things about REVO And GIAC. Whats your reason for looking to switch to REVO?

Davie

Last edited:
330 is all lm getting with all the additional mods that should be seeing 350+, their extreme map doesnt work correctly.

Has anyone had any issues with the clutch giving up the ghost prematurely after a stage 1??

clutch will be ok with stage 1, anything more you want a sachs clucth kit, depeneding on where you are mate, I say FR&RTuning in bradford, west yorkshire. My mate has their own software on his s3 2.0T and he loves it. they also do revo software. They did my hybrid turbo, clutch, milltek and few other bits an bats on my 2.0tdi :D

clutch will be ok with stage 1, anything more you want a sachs clucth kit, depeneding on where you are mate, I say FR&RTuning in bradford, west yorkshire. My mate has their own software on his s3 2.0T and he loves it. they also do revo software. They did my hybrid turbo, clutch, milltek and few other bits an bats on my 2.0tdi :D

Stage 1 killed my clutch and DMF, if you are thinking of mapping your S3 start saving for a new clutch and DMF. I recently had the Sachs Perfromance Clutch and a new LUK DMF installed - zero clutch slip, worth every penny.

Davie

Stage 1 killed my clutch and DMF, if you are thinking of mapping your S3 start saving for a new clutch and DMF. I recently had the Sachs Perfromance Clutch and a new LUK DMF installed - zero clutch slip, worth every penny.

Davie
how many €?

Now this is the problem! Some people say a stage 1 will be fine and the OEM clutch will handle the power and others say it won't! Who's right and who's wrong?

depend how you drive mate and how the power is distributed throughout the rev range. If you drive sensibliy with ocasional harder driving you will be ok. If you floor it all the time then obviously you'l need to upgrade other parts to keep up. If you read Dave signature he has other mods so am guessing he wants alot more power hence the upgrades. stage 1 is called stage1 because it is made for standard setup on car :) or be safe and go for a map that offers 300bhp instead of 300+

Last edited:
It mostly depends on how you drivr though. If you slip the clutch a lot in normal driving such as when setting off , many hard starts and boot it a lot from low revs/ high gear your clutch will obv wear out v fast.
I used to a Bora PD130 with many mods and huge torque, but managed to get the original clutch to last 105 K miles! I hardly use ANY throttle when i set off until the clutch is fully engaged and never hold it on a slope with the throttle either, and when I drive hard i always shift down before accelerating. Even with high torque the load on the clutch in these situations is much less. At Accelerating from high revs in a lower gear puts hardly any strain on your clutch.
Where did u get the Sachs clutch from Dave?

i had stage 1 revo trial on my 8p S3 yesterday and tbh i think its crap, same as oem to 4k rpm then a big surge of power , all my old vag cars had custom code and its loads better my previous ed30 had custom code and imo was superb (sameish engine as S3) booking for custom code next weekend if it does the same to my S3 it did to my ed30 i ll be over the moon

When you run the Revo at low settings its a crap drive compared to e.g, B7, T6, F9. Comparing the trial to the stage 1 Revo set up correctly is not a fair comparison.

It seems alot of people suffering from clutch slip have actually got a knackered DMF. Running a Sachs cluth and LUK DMF will have no benefit over running a standard clutch with LUK DMF.

As said above the biggest killer on the clutch/flywheel is accelerating in higher gears from low revs as the car has the torque to do it but the 'chocolate clutch/flywheel' is not up to the task.

Last edited:
I have had both GIAC and REVO stage 1 maps on an S3, both excellent choices not much in it really

I recommend Stattler in Sheffield (Steve jnr) for GIAC

Votex in Congleton (Mike) for REVO

Clutch has been fine on both cars no probs at all

Now this is the problem! Some people say a stage 1 will be fine and the OEM clutch will handle the power and others say it won't! Who's right and who's wrong?
if you remap your car and never drive it hard your clutch will be fine, if you drive the car hard it will not last. My car is an 07, it had never been tracked or down the quarter mile and my clutch started slipping after a few thousand miles of stage one map. Only 19000miles on the clock. Dont expect your clutch to last forever if you turn up your power.

how many €?
i payed €605

depend how you drive mate and how the power is distributed throughout the rev range. If you drive sensibliy with ocasional harder driving you will be ok. If you floor it all the time then obviously you'l need to upgrade other parts to keep up. If you read Dave signature he has other mods so am guessing he wants alot more power hence the upgrades. stage 1 is called stage1 because it is made for standard setup on car :) or be safe and go for a map that offers 300bhp instead of 300+
the reason i changed my clutch was because it could not hold the power above 3k rpm that was with stage one map and evoms intake. as i have mentioned my car is not tracked and never been launched. I have my old DMF and clutch sitting in my garage - the clutch disc is nearly into the rivets and the DMF has collapsed and has excessive movement. Its a total gamble as to how long your clucth will last running more power.

It mostly depends on how you drivr though. If you slip the clutch a lot in normal driving such as when setting off , many hard starts and boot it a lot from low revs/ high gear your clutch will obv wear out v fast.
I used to a Bora PD130 with many mods and huge torque, but managed to get the original clutch to last 105 K miles! I hardly use ANY throttle when i set off until the clutch is fully engaged and never hold it on a slope with the throttle either, and when I drive hard i always shift down before accelerating. Even with high torque the load on the clutch in these situations is much less. At Accelerating from high revs in a lower gear puts hardly any strain on your clutch.
Where did u get the Sachs clutch from Dave?
i got mine from here - www.sachsperformance.com This is the german site, there is a UK site i would have used them if i had known about them. They were really helpful when i questioned them regarding my perfromance sachs clutch UK Site - www.sachs-boge.co.uk

It seems alot of people suffering from clutch slip have actually got a knackered DMF. Running a Sachs cluth and LUK DMF will have no benefit over running a standard clutch with LUK DMF.
Sounds like you dont have a clue what you are talking about!
The uprated sachs clutch is a solid clutch disc with an stronger pressure plate that has has uprated springs giving more clamping pressure. The standard clutch slips because the pressure plate does not have enough force to clamp the clutch disc against the DMF with extra power generated from mapping etc. IGGU and various other member on here are running the uprated sachs clutch disc and pressure plate with DMF and have no issues. My clutch no longer slips and feels bullet proof compared to the standard setup and im sure it will continue to do so when i go stage 2+.

Cheers Davie

hi 07 s3 with stage 2 mtm no probs so far ,,,,,,,,, maddness when you want it on tap......

When you run the Revo at low settings its a crap drive compared to e.g, B7, T6, F9. Comparing the trial to the stage 1 Revo set up correctly is not a fair comparison !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for marketing reasons i would have thought the trial would be better than the real map , surely that would make more sence ? you dont try some thing say this is rubbish and buy it any way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The full REVO program is much better than the trial, especially once you have the settings sorted and the ECU has adapted.

That said, the trial software still made a big difference to my car.

Cheers
Paul

it made a difference to mine but not how i wanted with custom code the power comes in at 2k rpm and pulls smooth right to the red line , revo is not much different to standard to 4k then all power hits at once , some may like this i personally dont

it made a difference to mine but not how i wanted with custom code the power comes in at 2k rpm and pulls smooth right to the red line , revo is not much different to standard to 4k then all power hits at once , some may like this i personally dont

you must have a different revo map than me as mine starts pulling hard well below 4k lol

getting custom code on saturday and swaping resonated for non res milltek , so saturday pm will be silky smooth and fast as f*%£ !

you will have to let me know what cc is like mate

i had custom code on my ed30 before my S3 and 2x octavia vrs s before that i ve been happy with all of them

I have REVO stage1 done about 4000miles with no problems. It's a really brilliant product.

The thing is with REVO you can't get it installed and expect magic to happen you have to drive about 60-80miles so it adapts and then you'll feel the real difference.

I've tried all the maps GIAC had to offer during last year and also Revo stage2+. On the road you would be very hard pressed to tell the difference between extreme and stage 2+ as both provide fantastic torque with aggressive power deliveries. On the track and on the Dyno Revo had the edge with a more consistent power gain in the higher RPM.

GIAC Extreme and pump with all hardware mods made 315bhp, Revo stage 2+ made 343bhp, same accurate Dyno Dynamic Rollers and at an impartial location as no software or tuning offered for VAG products.

Just for elimination purposes and due to fantastically low pricing if yu already have a handset I'm currently giving Bluefin stage 3 a trial, on Superchips HQ rollers my car made 346bhp, on the road it's definetly srtong but at this stage I think that Revo has the edge, I have a track day on Friday at Oulton park so it will be interesting to see how the car performs in the higher rev ranges. The plan is to then take it to the same rollers as before for comparison to the GIAC and Revo offerings.

I have to say that the whole Superchips/bluefin experience at their HQ was excellent with before and after power runs followed by on the road live mapping and diagnostics, a big thumbs up to Dave their senior technician.
The big benefit with the Bluefin offering is the 30,000 mile 12 month warranty that supplements your own Audi one, this may mean they will tend to keep things within slightly safer parameters but if a planned long term ownership perhaps this is the right way to do things for the sake of 10+ bhp.

My car arrived at SC HQ with just 1,050 miles on it but all the hardware as fitted within a week of ownership, the car made 304bhp on standard map but had a significant dip in the power and torque curves high up the rev range due to the OEM map struggling with the hardware, i had never experienced thies on the road as I have run the car in gently never revving beyond 4K, the gains were 44bhp mid-range and 42 overall with a very consistent, plateau like curve.
The oem figure is a bit of an eye brow raiser but I would expect the Exhuast and intake to add min 15 - 20bhp combined so this may be indicative of an accurate Dyno figure as reportedly the S3 makes 275 - 285 out of the box.

At this point in time I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the '3' I have experienced, I would suggest doing a lot of reading of the forums and viweing of dyno plots and draw your own conclusion.

I'll post a review/update following the weekends event and dyno runs.