ADDITIONAL 1/2 YEAR WARRANTY - GOOD OR BAD ???

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i'm thinking of taking out additional 1 or 2 year Audi warranty , the cost of the 1 year is £200 odd pounds and the 2 year £500 odd pounds . I suppose if you make a claim it is good and if you don't it is bad ! Has anyone any experience of this - what does it cover ? What are your opinions - go for it or leave it alone ? Cheers .

luck (or the opposite rather) of the draw i suppose, being pretty mechanically able i would not purchase it

Compare the price against other third party warranties and it looks ok value.you are paying a bit of a premium for walking into your audi garage and getting stuff fixed without any hassle

third party warrenties are useless 9/10 times they debate everything and are mor of a headache than the extra few bob is worth if i were you either audi or if youre competent nothing

All comes down to the mileage on car, the age, the engine type, for me thats a good price & if its an audi warranty, then they're usually fairly good tbh, £200 odd a year is nothing, but is this the same level as the original 3yr one?

Thanks guy's ,
i thought it sounded fairly good value . As this will be my first Audi i dare say it wouldn't take too much too clock up £500 odd a 3/5 year Audi . I was a little unsure as to how comprehensive the warranty would be - any ideas what exactly it covers , thanks ?

Thanks guy's ,
i thought it sounded fairly good value . As this will be my first Audi i dare say it wouldn't take too much too clock up £500 odd a 3/5 year Audi . I was a little unsure as to how comprehensive the warranty would be - any ideas what exactly it covers , thanks ?

What car is that for mate if you don't mind me asking? My warranty renwal is due soon on my S3 8P.... Does anyone know roughly how much it might be to renew it for a year?

This is for an A3 sportback , but i believe this covers all A3/S3 models . The only thing is i think this needs to be taken out when you buy the car new and can't be added on after , but i stand to be corrected .

I think the OP is talking about new car warranty extensions.

I think the pricing is great VFM when you consider to extend by a year on a normal 3 year warranty is ~£700. The question of whether YOU will actually benefit is the important point in my mind and can only think of one situation when you wont, i.e. p/x into a dealer/trader. If you keep it beyond 3 years you win and if you sell private - to my mind - having a full Audi extended warranty is a massive plus.