Ibis White S3 so desirable

S3 OGS

Reaction score
Hey guys an girls, Well i have sold my S3. First person that came to see it bought it. But couldn't believe how much interest i got.

Within 4 days of advertising it i got 5 calls and 5 emails. I advertised it for 21k ovno and took £20300. but the new owner agreed to replace the tires at his cost. Fronts were on 3/4 mm and the rears were about 6 mm

Any way one of the gentleman that inquired via email i found quite funny. I mean yes i understood what he was saying eventually after the last email. But it was just the way the first email read and then the emails i received from there on.

I thought i would share it on this forum as it made me smile.

Also is it true that most people that buy the 8p S3 have them remapped,

And do the engines blow up with just a remap?

[FONT=&quot]Subject:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RE: 'AUDI S3 57 PLATE 330 BHP QUATTRO IBIS WHITE HIGH SPEC' at PistonHeads.com
[/FONT]
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1471699.htm

hi iam right in saying that the warranty will be void with the performance extras fitted also the insurance co will need do be informed as any parts fitted which improve performance from stndard needs to be disclosed is this the case regs

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thursday, February 04, 2010 6:34 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Subject:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Re: 'AUDI S3 57 PLATE 330 BHP QUATTRO IBIS WHITE HIGH SPEC' at PistonHeads.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No warranty is fine, Insurance is also fine.Just tell them. Car is now sold full asking price :)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thu, 4 February, 2010 18:59:39
Subject: Re: 'AUDI S3 57 PLATE 330 BHP QUATTRO IBIS WHITE HIGH SPEC' at PistonHeads.com
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]sorry mate i checked with both audi and my insurance ,well you would at over 20k ,both are void with the enhancements[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thursday, February 04, 2010 7:04 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Subject:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Re: 'AUDI S3 57 PLATE 330 BHP QUATTRO IBIS WHITE HIGH SPEC' at PistonHeads.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Actually your wrong!!, Audi have it on there system that the car has been remapped and they don't have a problem. And my insurance company Direct line also know about the mods. Like i said its an extra £150 a year.

Anyway its irrelevant as the car is now sold.

Good luck with your search

Regards

Paul[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thu, 4 February, 2010 19:29:35
Subject: Re: 'AUDI S3 57 PLATE 330 BHP QUATTRO IBIS WHITE HIGH SPEC' at PistonHeads.com
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]no iam right hence why i didnt buy the car ,insurance wanted full details of extras so would not quote,pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that if your engine blew up with all the mods then say goodbye to your warranty ,but like you say its the new owners worry now not mine ,i will stick with a standard unmolestered one thanks,regs[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:45 PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No you are wrong!! Have been in the car trade for 20 years so i think i know what i am talking about. My mate is a Master Technician in my local Audi dealer and most of there demos are remapped. Audi even provide a service for this. My pride and joy is only very minor modded. Most performance cars have remaps. Why don t you have a read of some car forums. You will soon be put right! Anyways good luck with your hunt for a standard unmolested S3.

Paul[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thu, 4 February, 2010 21:39:41
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry mate but your ten years behind me ,I dont need a mate! As a fleet manager in charge of 100+company cars i have a daily contact with pretty much all the main dealers due to orders maintenance etc,The funniest thing ive heard in 30YEARS IN the motor industry is that most demos are remapped .For the record any engine failure in the warranty period has to be approved by audi uk NOT the dealer ,and not your mate ,The dealer is reimbursed via audi once approved hence why a modified engine would not be covered,most buyers stay well away from modded cars for obvious reasons insurance, warranty ,thrashed ,why else tune a car above what it was designed for,330 BHP is not minor modded iam afraid , hope this clears up your confusion ,but dont worry its not your problem now, if you need any more advise please let me know not quite sure though why you emailed me though youve sold the car well done you can remove the advert now its sold , kind regs[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Re: 'AUDI S3 57 PLATE 330 BHP QUATTRO IBIS WHITE HIGH SPEC' at PistonHeads.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You sound like a complete and utter Muppet!! Why you even mailing me asking about my pride an joy when you have no interest at all in buying it??

Haven't you got nothing better to do??

You so obviously don't have a clue what your talking about with performance cars.

In fact i think i might post this email on an Audi forum and give all the guys a laugh.

Cheers for making me smile anyways.

Now please don't mail me again

Kindest regards

Paul[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"if a dealer can prove that a non-oem product that was installed, or an oem part was modified/removed, was the cause of an issue, they can deny the warranty claim. However, a mod does not void the warranty on "the car".

Case in point, if you added an SC, and broke the driveshaft, your warranty claim to fix the driveshaft will probably be denied.

But if you added a SC, and your rain sensor on your windshield malfunctioned, it should be covered. Do not be surprised, however, if a dealer does not want to work on a modded car.. right or wrong, there is a range of viewpoints from dealers on modifications, despite what the law states (lookup the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act....) "[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]TAKEN FROM YES A FORUM FOR AUDIS,as i explained a dealer would have every right to decine a claim on a modified part of the car,the warranty is still in place eg faulty wiper motor would be covered, but not the modified part or parts assosiated with the mod ,HEAR ENDS THE LESSON , PLEASE DO POST IT CAME FROM THE EXACT FORUM LOL [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] AS I RECALL I WAS MINDING MY OWN BUISNESS WHEN YOU EMAILED TO TELL ME YOU HAD SOLD YOUR CAR ,I ASKED YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CAR DAYS AGO TO WHICH YOUR ANSWERS DID TO STACK UP WITH EITHER THE DEALERS OR INSURANCE ,WHATS YOUR PROBLEM ANYONE WOULD THINK YOU CANT SELL THE CAR .chill out i did not email you ,if youve genuinely sold why get you knickers in a twist,lol[/FONT]

My point is i could have sold the car 5 times over, But this chappy who obviously had no intention of buying it emailed me just to try and tell me the law on remapping i think? :slap:

His last point just contradicts the reason for his first e-mail :S