Lack Of Power

jack009

jacko
Reaction score
When driving my A3 2005 2.0 TDI everything is ok until i get to motorway or when overtaking. Then my engine power dies making it impossible to accelerate unless i stop car and turn off engine and restart car,then all is ok till the next time it happens. Any Ideas what problem is?

You need to get somebody to scan your car with VAG COM as your car is going into limp mode for some reason.

Normal causes are normally : maf sensor,boost reg or selenoid,turbo vanes sticking,but wouldnt think turbo vanes if it is curing once the igntion is turned on and off

When driving my A3 2005 2.0 TDI everything is ok until i get to motorway or when overtaking. Then my engine power dies making it impossible to accelerate unless i stop car and turn off engine and restart car,then all is ok till the next time it happens. Any Ideas what problem is?
Yesterday I noticed the same issue :( Have you figured out why your engine losses power yet?
I'm going to get a VAG COM asap...

Last edited:
ok,
there is my log below:
16618 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Limit Exceeded (Overboost Condition)
P0234 - 000 - -
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2520 /min
Torque: 138.0 Nm
Speed: 132.0 km/h
Load: 32.2 %
Voltage: 14.52 V
Bin. Bits: 00101000
Absolute Pres.: 1499.4 mbar
Absolute Pres.: 2182.8 mbar

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

any ideas what I have to do now?

The turbo is over boosting for some reason. Usual suspects are the VNT turbo vains sticking,actuator rod sticking or a faulty N75.

ok. in my case it was one of vacuum hoses. just fell off.