JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    6th Gear

Status

Help needed to centralize my bi-xenons

any body local to me im in rugby warwickshire and need to plug my bi-xenons into a car which already has them fitted so that i can centralize them before i fit them.

many thanks......
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    bump.....
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

is a retronaut

Status
    Centralise them in what way?
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

6th Gear

Status
    i havn't got leveling system so i need to plug them into a car which has and set them in mot mode using vag com and remove them again....the lead that powers the lights is long enough for my lights to sit on the engine bay while this is done...

is a retronaut

Status
    As far as I know as long as you're not planning to plug them into a levelling circuit you can just level them manually like any normal light.
    8P2 S3

6th Gear

Status
    leveling manually does not always work so have to be pluged into a car which has them fitted as standard and set ...takes about 10 mins to do...

still after help as friends car only is 10 pin and not bi-xenons like mine

is a retronaut

Status
    Why wouldn't it work? If you're not planning to connect an autoleveling circuit then you just adjust the beam manually
    8P2 S3

6th Gear

Status
    after speaking to mat he fiitted them on his and then had to remove as where to low and level in donor car then fit again..

is a retronaut

Status
    Right he may have had to but that's not necessarily the case with yours. Chances are if they came off another car they'll already be about right. Do you have manual levelling in yours?
    Last edited by Staz; 7th February 2010 at 17:05.
    8P2 S3

6th Gear

Status
    yes i have manually levering but that will not work onc fitted. the idea of fitting them in a donor car that has xenons fitted is that using vagcom u set the lights into mot mode and then unplug them which locks them at the rite height

is a retronaut

Status
    No, IIRC MOT mode just lets you adjust them when it's plugged into the car. If you don't have a levelling circuit connected you can just adjust them as normal.

I know your levelling circuit won't work but you can make it work but swapping the motors and wiring.
    8P2 S3

6th Gear

Status
    oh rite ..

interested in knowing how to make the in car leveling work ?

i am waiting on adaptor lead to turn up as well ..

thanks