Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Best H11 FOG LIGHT BULBS Suggestion please?

As stated in title, Just wondering if you guys/girls have any suggestions as to what are the best resonable priced bulbs and emit the XENON type look to match the main beams?

Did a search and couldn't really find nout.

There used to be a thread on here where there was a "group buy" for different light bulbs but since the change over in appearance, I can't find it on the search

Cheers in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    No one replaced these at all with better ones?

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    think that PIAA makes them.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    think that PIAA makes them.
    Have you got these personally? If so what do you think of them?

Will Race For Cookies

Status
    Ik have the Hoen Xenonmatch 55W H11 bulbs in my A3, they are pretty close to the oem 4300k xenons.

http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

Post 15: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309928
    Phantomschwarz Audi A3 2.0 TFSI quattro S-Line | Bilstein PSS B14 | Oem 8x18 ET43 5-Spoke | Facelift taillights | RNS-E MKII | My Thread

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    no i don't have them. i actually think that fog lights are like that for reason. but i think madalex had them on his s3 (use search for pics), and it looks quite good.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    Ok cheers for the info guys.... I think there needs to be thread created in the "Look her first" sticky with this sort of thing as I searched and didn't find anything

6th Gear

Status
    You won't find any normal bulbs that are the same as the xenon beam as they're obviously not xenon bulbs

Only way would be to install an aftermarket HID Xenon pack into the foglights
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    You won't find any normal bulbs that are the same as the xenon beam as they're obviously not xenon bulbs

Only way would be to install an aftermarket HID Xenon pack into the foglights

I wasn't after xenon beams I just wanted matching colours rather than the stained yellow look which looks off key with the xenon set up...

4th Gear

Status
    As S. has mentioned I think fronts fogs are meant to be off-white (different temp) to reduce the reflection and enable you see, and be seen, easier in fog. For the amount of time it is foggy in UK (especially London) I can't see the point...I mean it's not like you will be driving about with them on when it's not foggy.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AuldReekie View Post
    As S. has mentioned I think fronts fogs are meant to be off-white (different temp) to reduce the reflection and enable you see, and be seen, easier in fog. For the amount of time it is foggy in UK (especially London) I can't see the point...I mean it's not like you will be driving about with them on when it's not foggy.
    Yeah this is true, but one of the bulbs has blown and since I need to replace one might aswell do both and match up with the xenons while I'm there

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 330_2_S3 View Post
    Yeah this is true, but one of the bulbs has blown and since I need to replace one might aswell do both and match up with the xenons while I'm there
    Gotcha now. Well I used these guys for PIAA DRL and side replacements, maybe they can advise better. I am not sure I have seen many threads on here about swapping out the foggies, but these ones on the link below are H11.

http://www.priracing.com/product.php...te-bulbs--pair-

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AuldReekie View Post
    Gotcha now. Well I used these guys for PIAA DRL and side replacements, maybe they can advise better. I am not sure I have seen many threads on here about swapping out the foggies, but these ones on the link below are H11.

http://www.priracing.com/product.php...te-bulbs--pair-
    Cheers mate will look into it that bulb out warning light is pi**ing me of hard!!!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    gotta be carefull though because if you fit the bulbs that have a blue coating and they say they give a whiter light and its brighter, yea it will be whiter and be more of a match to that of a xenon bulbs, the lights will be rubbish, the blue tint traps in a lot of light and temperature. ur best off fitting osram night breakers, wont give you a good match but will be slightly brighter and you get better vision. the extreme white ones you get are purely for show.

the nightbreaker have a light blue tint at top and bottom of bulbs leaving a clear section in the middle, it moves the temp to about 2700k to 3000k but keeps the performance of bulbs, where these extreme white ones move the temp to like, 4500k

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h11-bulbs.html
    Last edited by gixxer600k4; 8th February 2010 at 11:45. Reason: shocking spelling!
    rs6's, H&R 35mm, lamin-x, vinyl wrapped grill, cupra splitter, black wing mirrors, de-badged, bmc air filter