How can you tell the difference by looking at xenons ? bi xenons ?

tdi-man

Reaction score
how can you tell differance by looking at xenons ? bi xenons ?

dont think you can tell the difference unless you use the full beam to check

Easy, the lense visually is different at front & the plugs are different interms of pin count, 10 pin is single vision & 14 is bixenon/bixenon adaptive

oh great ive bought some bi xenons then ...as i got 14 pins

Just to give some more information with pictures, here are three photos showing the headlights on my last three A3.

A3-2004-headlight.jpg

This is my 2004 A3 with halogen headlights.

A3-2007-headlight.jpg

This is my 2007 A3 with OEM Bi-xenon headlights.

A3-2009-headlight.jpg

This is my current 2009 A3 with Adaptive Bi-Xenon headlights.

is it possible to tell the difference between xenon and bi-xenon? I thought the lenses were the same for both? (my old a4 had just normal xenon and the lenses looks very similar to my s3's (obviously different shape :p) or wasnt there an option for just normal dipped xenon on the a3?! so many questions so little time!

Dont know about that, but his 2nd camera was better, lmfao

is it possible to tell the difference between xenon and bi-xenon? I thought the lenses were the same for both? (my old a4 had just normal xenon and the lenses looks very similar to my s3's (obviously different shape :p) or wasnt there an option for just normal dipped xenon on the a3?! so many questions so little time!

Xenon & bixenon are distinctively different, now bixenon & bixenon adaptive look identical.

Dont know about that, but his 2nd camera was better, lmfao

Yes the latter two do look a lot clearer. Not sure what I was using in 2004 but the overall image size was much small and doesn't enlarge too well. I now use a Panasnic TZ5 whic is 9mp and produces a 3078 x 2088 image.

An Yes my favourite car colour is Silver. All my A3s have been Silver together with my Golf VR6 before that. Before that two of my Golf GTi's were Red and the other one Black.